the 100% directionless thread

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Our neighbor station got a brand new, 2018 KME engine and my station is still in a 1990 Seagrave engine lol
I mean to be fair, your 1990 probably only has like 68,000 miles on it...I mean one call a day on a tiny island?

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Our neighbor station got a brand new, 2018 KME engine and my station is still in a 1990 Seagrave engine lol
Which one might still be easier to get going if an EMP burst (natural or man-made) happens over the Islands? :eek:;)

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Does anyone happen to know if a 48 hour als refresher courses typically include ACLS, PALS, etc. All the required certs?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Does anyone happen to know if a 48 hour als refresher courses typically include ACLS, PALS, etc. All the required certs?
In my area they usually do not.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
The one I took didn't and I don't believe they normally do as the hours are pretty structured for the refresher.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Well. Guess that postpones that. I found one that did but it's a few hours drive. Might be worth a hour and a half drive to get that included. Also included itls. Debating on whether a 3 hour drive each day both ways is worth saving the extra few hundred.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Ran a mile with bleachers at the high school with a weight vest this morning... That was fun...

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Upon logging in after some time...
I had an alert, that I had no alerts.

Excellent.

PotatoMedic

Debating on spending 400ish on IA Med FP-C prep course...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Debating on spending 400ish on IA Med FP-C prep course...
They have sales fairly often.

I attended it last year. I felt it was actually a great course. From using the IA Med course and some self study I had no issues passing the FP-C test.

PotatoMedic

They have sales fairly often.

I attended it last year. I felt it was actually a great course. From using the IA Med course and some self study I had no issues passing the FP-C test.
Yeah I noticed they did a flash sale on the one in Tacoma. Where I used to work too! But I didn't want to driver there as they are doing one locally where I am in the coming months. Just deciding if it is worthwhile. Thanks for the info.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
(Finally!) Got my registration transfer from California to Hawaii finished lol complete with a shiny new set of Aloha State plates (front and back required, just like Cali). Paid $430 (rounded) for the initial registration, expected $420 for next year's renewal (not counting annual safety inspection)

CALEMT

(Finally!) Got my registration transfer from California to Hawaii finished lol complete with a shiny new set of Aloha State plates (front and back required, just like Cali). Paid $430 (rounded) for the initial registration, expected $420 for next year's renewal (not counting annual safety inspection)

Just as bad if not a little worse than CA.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
$485 for tags on a 2013 F-150.. I second the motion that California, does indeed, blow...

Yes...though I forget off the top of my head the initial registration fees lol

I suppose I should let California know I moved...i just got the CA DMV renewal notice in the mail here lol....they want $261 PLUS smog check done....yeah, no, not this time guys lol

Just as bad if not a little worse than CA.
Cheaper than some back in CA....more than what CA wanted from me though :(

Who knows, maybe renewal won't be that much...

PotatoMedic

I spent 260 to title and get plates/registration for my car for two years (and a special plate) in potato land.

CALEMT

I spent 260 to title and get plates/registration for my car for two years (and a special plate) in potato land.

I paid $380 for this sticker on my license plate that allows me to drive my truck (08 with 147k on the odo) for another year.