the 100% directionless thread

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
I have a buddy that doubled up that way. Two does barreling at him. He shot the first at 5 yards when it pulled up and turned broad side. Through and through and hit the smaller doe in the neck. It was funny after the fact

Had a guy I was sedating for a procedure and we got to talking hunting. I try to pick up honey holes after I sedate guys...much easier that way (is that wrong?) He was telling me that he drew an cow tag for elk and went out one morning. He was set up where there was a little knoll about 200 yards in front of him. A cow popped up from behind the knoll and he shot her, but she popped up again, so he took another shot, having apparently missed. Happened 2 more times and he was beginning to think he had a bent barrel or something. He finally got up and took a walk to see what the story was and found 4 dead cow elk on the ground. Got into his pickup to where he could find cell coverage and called every guy he knew with a cow tag.....What guys will tell you after a little versed and fentanyl.....

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Well had a little fun today. Picked up my new kydex holster and got a book on the way home. Then of course I start getting a migraine, so going to the see the new Thor movie is out for the night. Now just chilling at home waiting for it to get late enough to justify falling asleep and not waking up at O dark 30.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Had a guy I was sedating for a procedure and we got to talking hunting. I try to pick up honey holes after I sedate guys...much easier that way (is that wrong?) He was telling me that he drew an cow tag for elk and went out one morning. He was set up where there was a little knoll about 200 yards in front of him. A cow popped up from behind the knoll and he shot her, but she popped up again, so he took another shot, having apparently missed. Happened 2 more times and he was beginning to think he had a bent barrel or something. He finally got up and took a walk to see what the story was and found 4 dead cow elk on the ground. Got into his pickup to where he could find cell coverage and called every guy he knew with a cow tag.....What guys will tell you after a little versed and fentanyl.....
Dang, does hunting spot scouting count as an indication for those meds?

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I loathe myself....I joined the "Super cool wraparound Oakley" club. I love Oakley but have always despised the wraparound styles as commonly seen in EMS. However since working on the helicopter I have broken a few pairs of the slim framed styles and finally broke down and got a pair. They seem like they will hold up better and fit under my motorcycle/flight helmet. I just need to avoid looking in a mirror :cool:

oakley-sun-turbine-rotor-OO9307-01.jpg

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
And speaking of deer hunting, was out trying to get a squirrel or two and a little spike buck walked right by at 25 yards. If only I had more than an old Marlin model 60.....Three more days of work and I know where I'll be going back to.

I loathe myself....I joined the "Super cool wraparound Oakley" club. I love Oakley but have always despised the wraparound styles as commonly seen in EMS. However since working on the helicopter I have broken a few pairs of the slim framed styles and finally broke down and got a pair. They seem like they will hold up better and fit under my motorcycle/flight helmet. I just need to avoid looking in a mirror :cool:

oakley-sun-turbine-rotor-OO9307-01.jpg
What did you have that was breaking? I bought some flak 2.0's as a day to day and replacement for my old shooting glasses for clay shooting. They've held up well so far. Enough coverage for shooting and stuff, but they don't look like a giant mirror stuck on my face like the larger Oakley's.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
What did you have that was breaking? I bought some flak 2.0's as a day to day and replacement for my old shooting glasses for clay shooting. They've held up well so far. Enough coverage for shooting and stuff, but they don't look like a giant mirror stuck on my face like the larger Oakley's.

A couple pairs of Silver XL’s. But to be fair they are more fashion styles than hard use. Never had an issues with my shooting glasses that I beat up on a regular basis.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Always good to see EMTLife members in real life. I got a chance to grab dinner with @Jon last night.

(Didn’t I just see you at EMSworld?)

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Decided it was time for a name change.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I turn old tomorrow :(

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.