the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I just saw a picture of a resuscitation of a triathlon participant who suffered cardiac arrest at the First Responder Tri in Bethany Beach. If you're going to arrest, best place to do it is at a triathlon put on by Fire and EMS.

Last edited:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Not to mention the random unmarked police vehicles with no markings apart from a small, removable blue light bar on top. The subsidized PD vehicle program in Hawaii is crazy. Threw me off when I visited! It just doesn't feel normal to be pulled over by a Jeep Commander.
If you get pulled over by a smart car are you required to forfeit your man card?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
On board my flight from Honolulu back home to LA, must say I actually kinda like Hawaiian Airlines lol

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Starting to write up my community's disaster response plan, equipment list, resources list to get ready for El Nino. Also doing homework for 3 classes.

Old Man of the streets

Forum Ride Along
Your not too old. I have a couple of years on you. I would be more concerned about your back and hip issues. I always say two area to avoid in EMS are management and dispatch.
Thanks. I plan on doing something about the hip. As for the back, all I can think of is to try to lose some weight. Man i'll tell ya truthfully, when I got laid off, a lot of who I was (confidence) remained there. Now I struggle with self doubt. I am unsure of myself, you know the old "if you don't use it, you lose it"? Guess I just needed to vent. Thanks for the response.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Both are badass, thats a good problem to have... deciding between the two.

It was a tough decision, but I finally made it:

2015%252520JKUR.JPG

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Very nice!!!!

borat-very-nice.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
If you get pulled over by this you sure are...

We have a bike team here. You don't mess with the bike team. they have a solid track record of apprehending those who run from them. They're sneaky as hell and very well coordinated.

Their lights aren't nearly that big though and I don't think they have sirens, if they do I've never heard them use them.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Observation from Oahu....you know we Californians have to have at least one steady burn red light on? Well apparently Honolulu Police have taken that further, they actually have to keep steady burn blue lights on all the time when on duty (unless apparently specifically looking for traffic violations)
DC does this as well. So did the town I grew up in, they would drive around with the cruise lights, takedowns, and foglights on, with no headlights. Looked like a plane coming towards you.

surfinluke

Forum Crew Member
Cant get hired if you don't test somewhere...
That's true. But coming from someone who has been going to Hawaii, and Oahu in particular, my whole life. It is not common whatsoever for someone not from Hawaii to get hired there. They predominantly hire from their life guards.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
That's true. But coming from someone who has been going to Hawaii, and Oahu in particular, my whole life. It is not common whatsoever for someone not from Hawaii to get hired there. They predominantly hire from their life guards.

Even if you don't get a job it's a great excuse to go to Hawaii.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Cant get hired if you don't test somewhere...

Even if you don't get a job it's a great excuse to go to Hawaii.
Pretty much.

One of our department AOs was hired on by Honolulu in their last go around, plus my uncle lives out on the island (really save some money staying out there for a week without having to get a hotel) plus one of my friends I from my time in the Army lives on Oahu as well so I have a couple connections (however tenuous) out there, at least more so than other mainlanders lol.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Looking at Emt Ski Patrol Jobs.....hmmmm

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
I've decided it's a "rapid fill multi-leak pneumatic tourniquet."