the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Reactions: 9D4

Angel

Paramedic
Somewhat bombed a call. Went against my gut and trusted the monitor, because I didn't know any better. After talkin with a crew member, our monitors are notorious for mislabeling (?) Tachyarrhythmias...
Sucks to be me

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
$711.71 later... Have every part I need. Two weeks for shipping. Ugh. This anticipation is killer.
Also my ex got me an interview for a cardiac specialty hospital that hires medics. Never particularly wanted to live in Tucson... But hey. Why not?
Well... I guess there's the whole working with my ex. I don't think that will be much fun...

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Had my first delivery last night, on a late call that I really did not want to take. Fire walked her to our ambulance, told me she was having contractions and a "tiny bit" of bleeding, and then peaced. One of them offered to ride in half hardheartedley but no one (including mom) seemed to be panicked and mom said she wasn't even sure they were "real contractions." In the course of a maybe four minute transport things got out of hand.

I called my patch, went to get a line started, mom yelled at me for trying to stick her in the wrist, and then immediately began to bleed heavily. Then her water broke but I was still not thinking imminent delivery and neither was mom, or at least that's what she said. I yelled at my (medic) partner to hurry up and get there or pull over. I got up to get some oxygen on mom, tripped on the cot, went down to the floor, and then breathed a sigh of relief as I saw we were pulling into the bay. I got back up, mom screamed "it's coming!" I yelled, the ambulance went into park and in the time it took my partner to get to the back mom delivered in one mighty effort as I lunged to catch. I missed.

My partner said he opened the doors to find me staring at the baby with a deer in the headlights look. "Dude, it's out," is what I said I guess. My partner hopped in and started drying the baby, I blew up the OB kit trying to open it, and another crew is running over thinking we have a combative patient. Finally we get the baby who was completely nonplussed about the whole thing and required zero care besides a tiny bit of suction back to mom. Mom is bleeding quite heavily so we boogied into the resus room and some fundal massage and oxytocin got things under control. Meanwhile everyone is all excited and I'm still shocked at how fast things happened. it was her fourth baby and I knew that meant things could go quicker, but not that fast.

Room for improvement, suffice to say.

Also I forgot to get a signature on the PCR for the baby and got yelled by billing before getting off at three hours late. Hooray!

Sounds like you had one of those WTF just happened calls.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
$711.71 later... Have every part I need. Two weeks for shipping. Ugh. This anticipation is killer.
Also my ex got me an interview for a cardiac specialty hospital that hires medics. Never particularly wanted to live in Tucson... But hey. Why not?
Well... I guess there's the whole working with my ex. I don't think that will be much fun...

Well depends on why she is you ex and if you are in a current relationship, but I probably wouldn't want to work with one of my ex lol

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Wow, I have a terrible mind. I was like "What the heck? Why did she post Dp?" I didn't correlate it with the post above it. I thought of something else instead...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Wow, I have a terrible mind. I was like "What the heck? Why did she post Dp?" I didn't correlate it with the post above it. I thought of something else instead...
Same here haha

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Even after being in the Army for 5 years, I wouldn't have known what y'all were referring to if it weren't for the internet lol

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Lol. I'm with Jim. I had to look it up. I'm so naïve.

Angel

Paramedic
Screenshot_2015-03-07-00-21-37.jpg

Haha mhmm!!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Heh, I hate to admit this. I have been trying to get on 911 for over four years. I've been doing it for a couple of months now thanks to somebody putting in a good word for me and I am grateful for that. I don't like my job though. I feel like it gets worse for me everyday.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Heh, I hate to admit this. I have been trying to get on 911 for over four years. I've been doing it for a couple of months now thanks to somebody putting in a good word for me and I am grateful for that. I don't like my job though. I feel like it gets worse for me everyday.

What don't you like about it?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I think it is two things: I am not getting along with my co-workers and I have to drive 100% of the time (usually code 3) in a county I don't know. EMTs do not attend to patients in this 911 system. I am not a good fit here.

Last edited:

JosephDurham

Forum Crew Member
Just got home from the ladder maze. I am worn out.

- up the Areal
- out a window, down the Bangor
- up 35 in a window
- out a window down 24
- up 14 ft through a window
- up a set of stairs and up the attic ladder

I'm exhausted

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I think it is two things: I am not getting along with my co-workers and I have to drive 100% of the time (usually code 3) in a county I don't know. EMTs do not attend to patients in this 911 system. I am not a good fit here.

That doesn't sound like a lot of fun. Sounds like it's job search time.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
No....shoulder....straps....?

Leave the monitor inside???

Grr.....

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Oh, and "we don't stop at intersections when we roll code here".

Looking very strongly at Neighboring EMS dpeartment. A 3k/yr pay cut is better than complacency.