the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
...apparently a local ER nurse is I-freakin'-RATE that I didn't backboard a guy who tipped over his truck in a ditch and self extricated, with no pain, and then turned it over to BLS.

And the wheel just keeps on turnin'...

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
...apparently a local ER nurse is I-freakin'-RATE that I didn't backboard a guy who tipped over his truck in a ditch and self extricated, with no pain, and then turned it over to BLS.

You're not doing it right if someone's not unhappy with you. Hey, at least your patient didn't mind.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

Come one! You're from King county. You KNOW everyone gets a backboard and c-collar. :rofl:

Emergency Metaphysics

Forum Lieutenant
Glad the kid got a kidney..... Besides that I hope you don't kill yourself or others by being an idiot.
Facepalm

First of all Medic, I'm not an idiot. I wouldn't have gone 70 mph with or without a kid, but I did hustle. And for the record, there was confusion about whether staff was going to take her to a nearby emergency department or take her to the airport and meet the fixed wing there. In the end an ambulance brought the flight crew. And the u-turn was legal. But thank you to everyone for assuming the worst.<br/>

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
First of all Medic, I'm not an idiot. I wouldn't have gone 70 mph with or without a kid. And for the record, there was confusion about whether staff was going to take her to a nearby emergency depatment or take her to the airport and meet the fixed wing there. In the end an ambulance brought the flight crew. And the u-turn was legal. But thank you to everyone for assuming the worst.

You said you were going 70 down the road. Which doesn't sound smart if it was not a highway. Are you an EMT student or Medic student?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yay PHTLS instructor course

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I wonder how long before somebody slaps a Star of Life sticker and a light bar on this....:rofl:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytXI5Clz100[/YOUTUBE]

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I'll look like a whacker all day if you let me drive that!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Same here. You can put as many flashy lights and radios in that thing that you want and I will still drive it.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Two TIA's today. Watches a guy have a TIA in front of me. Fasciculation in the left temple followed by droop and flaccid on the left side and garbled speech. Back to normal 7 minutes later. Kind of cool to see.

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
There is nothing like sitting on the airway tarmac for an extra two hours added on to your two hour layover for a normally 30 minute flight. Pilot had the audacity to inform us we could use our phones on the plane while waiting. At least it was a brand new jet with touch screen tv's. I'll stop whining now.

So, what you're saying is...I didn't eat up all the bad luck. Though at least they deplaned us.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Two TIA's today. Watches a guy have a TIA in front of me. Fasciculation in the left temple followed by droop and flaccid on the left side and garbled speech. Back to normal 7 minutes later. Kind of cool to see.

When I did some hospital work I was transporting a pt from the ER to the med-surg floor and about 50 feet down the hall the pt had a stroke right in front of me. Very creepy watching the face just fall and get flaccid, speech slurr and pt freak out since she know what was going on. So I popped a U turn and pushed her back to the ER. They had CT done, read, and TPA running in what felt like 10 minutes. Was longer than that but it was quick.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Agreed.

How long do you think it takes if you decide you need to stop right now at 246 mph?

They're definitely cool to see. That's actually really awesome you got to see it from start to finish.

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
Agreed.

How long do you think it takes if you decide you need to stop right now at 246 mph?

According to wikipedia, Bugatti says it'll drop from 250 to stopped in less than 10 seconds...which will still cover a little under a third of a mile.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Went to an MVA today that looked like a movie stunt. Car, upside down, in a creek, nothing visible but the floorboards and wheels, patient trapped inside.

Turned into an RSI.

Rialaigh

Forum Asst. Chief
Quit drinking soda, coffee, tea, lemonade, or anything other then juice or water..

Also quit all sweets and desserts...

I was used to a 2 liter + of mountain dew a day....I'm on day 6 of nothing....not good

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Quit drinking soda, coffee, tea, lemonade, or anything other then juice or water..

Also quit all sweets and desserts...

I was used to a 2 liter + of mountain dew a day....I'm on day 6 of nothing....not good
After i got home from my last tour I stopped drinking caffeine altogether. This is week two for me and I haven't had sodas at all, and only two cups of coffee this week. Can't give up my chai though

Rialaigh

Forum Asst. Chief
After i got home from my last tour I stopped drinking caffeine altogether. This is week two for me and I haven't had sodas at all, and only two cups of coffee this week. Can't give up my chai though

I am okay with still drinking hot tea, I'm just trying to not get cancer or renal failure before I'm 40....no diabetes would be nice too

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I am okay with still drinking hot tea, I'm just trying to not get cancer or renal failure before I'm 40....no diabetes would be nice too
I know the feeling. I was up to two or three monster zero reds each day of shift and one or two my weeks off, plus tons of soda...
I'm also trying to drop below max flight weight for rotor