the 100% directionless thread

JPINFV

Gadfly
I work in the high desert.....I will bring all traumas there :)
I heard LLUMC has cookies for the crews bringing in traumas.*

*Your millage may vary. Never have seen cookies. Void where prohibited.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
How is everyone doing today? It's been a few months, ok closer to a year, lol since I was last on

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
You're going to miss our division.

Has anyone ever ran into a situation where they have a patient who will be in sinus tach and then when you roll them on one side (right side in this case) they will go into V-tach with pulses until you roll them back to their back? When we rolled him on his left side he stayed sinus tach.

Probably. I'm hoping to still pick up EMT shifts in PS.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Probably. I'm hoping to still pick up EMT shifts in PS.

FWIW I have never seen employees from other divisions pick up shifts for us. Don't know if you heard or have seen differently.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
FWIW I have never seen employees from other divisions pick up shifts for us. Don't know if you heard or have seen differently.

I've seen it a few for medics. It will be very far and few in between if it happens. It's not really worth it for EMT's since most wouldn't live near the desert.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I've seen it a few for medics. It will be very far and few in between if it happens. It's not really worth it for EMT's since most wouldn't live near the desert.

I've seen some medic shifts open in the 24 hour stations of the pass area. I would love to pick one of those up. I could walk to the station in 5 minutes haha

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Seriously people learn to drive! It's only a bit of water on the road and traffic grinds to a halt, 40 minutes to go 9 km, good heavens! Grr!

JPINFV

Gadfly
...and today I learned not to tempt the trauma gods.

/something something work 17 hours, log 16.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I was working one of our swing shifts, 12 hour units, 0730-1930 today. And of course, right at 1930hrs, literally about 2 seconds before we could call Out Of Service (our other 12 hr ambulance was on the radio doing just that) we get dispatched to a call, which get this, happened to be our ONLY call the entire day. Go figure, right?

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Well... I messed up pretty bad tonight. First thing I've ever done to earn myself an actual court date.
Secluded highway with no one on it and still two more hours to get home.. Next thing I know there's some pretty lights in my mirror and he clocked me at 88 mph. Which is criminal (anything over 85 in az is reckless driving).
Yep. I'm officially freaking out about this.
Thought it was just a fine but apparently there's a pretty real possibility of jail time.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I was working one of our swing shifts, 12 hour units, 0730-1930 today. And of course, right at 1930hrs, literally about 2 seconds before we could call Out Of Service (our other 12 hr ambulance was on the radio doing just that) we get dispatched to a call, which get this, happened to be our ONLY call the entire day. Go figure, right?
Did you make your daily tribute to the dispatch gods?? This is what happens when you don't!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Well... I messed up pretty bad tonight. First thing I've ever done to earn myself an actual court date.
Secluded highway with no one on it and still two more hours to get home.. Next thing I know there's some pretty lights in my mirror and he clocked me at 88 mph. Which is criminal (anything over 85 in az is reckless driving).
Yep. I'm officially freaking out about this.
Thought it was just a fine but apparently there's a pretty real possibility of jail time.

Go in front of the judge, act sorry, explain that you are about to complete medic school, and this infraction may greatly affect your ability to work and livelyhood. Then ask if you could work a bunch of community service hours to get it down to 84 or a lesser charge.

Edit: If you're really worried, find one of those 200 dollar attorney's for traffic court and get them to handle it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Going to bed and it's not even 6.30 pm .... getting worse in these advanced years :D

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I second what exodus said!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Going to bed and it's not even 6.30 pm .... getting worse in these advanced years :D

On our days off, it's not out of the norm for us to be falling asleep on the couch at 8:30.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief

On our days off, it's not out of the norm for us to be falling asleep on the couch at 8:30.

On my working days it's not unusual to be dozing off on the recliners at 8:30. If I'm not on a call that is.