the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just curious on what state you live in where getting ammo is that much of a problem. I would still go against the 45, you want a compact or subcompact 357 for the power, or a 40 or 9, because when you turn 21 you will want to CC whatever you have.

Also, if your wanting to shoot more, getting some reloading equipment off of midway USA is an excellent option. Its not hard to learn how to do properly, and I can make a box of 9 or 357 for less then 3 bucks a box.

45 is a great sized weapon for putting large holes in stuff. 357 and, 9 and 40 with the proper ammo are just as lethal for use in self defense. I vastly prefer a smaller caliber then 45 or 44 for the comfort of the size of weapon and the kick. 357 is just flat out a fantastic round

Here in NM most places won't sell handgun ammo to anyone under 21, even if they might have a long gun chambered in it. .22LR is the only combo ammo that most places will sell 18-21 year olds.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
It's not going to be concealed. I'm under 21, so cc isn't legal. Open carry for me is.
It's also hard to get "handgun" ammo for under 21, but I had a beretta CX4 carbine chambered for a 45 that I never had trouble with getting ammo for.
My buddy has a 40 and says that's an issue for him. I'll try to go buy a box of 357 and see how that works, because its kind of a pain in the *** if someone else has to buy it for me.
So, now knowin that it's gonna be open carry. Would you still go against a 45? That's the only pistol caliber I've actually shot besides a 9, but it's a pain to rent, since the ranges won't rent out a handgun for someone to shoot at a range without a parent there... So kind of hard to try out different calibers..

Look at 10mm. Harder to find ammo for, but heavy rounds going very fast. But then again I'm a 10mm fanboy

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
I'm going to be in Inglewood, co tonight (in about 3 hours, for the night.). Is that close to/convienent for the schedule of anyone that might want me to buy them a beer?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I'm going to be in Inglewood, co tonight (in about 3 hours, for the night.). Is that close to/convienent for the schedule of anyone that might want me to buy them a beer?

Englewood?

If I wasn't working tomorrow I'd be up there, it's about an hour from me.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Man, I went to paramedic school in Englewood. Weird little place...Have fun though! There's a pretty tasty Mexican place on Broadway called El Tepehuan.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Just curious on what state you live in where getting ammo is that much of a problem. I would still go against the 45, you want a compact or subcompact 357 for the power, or a 40 or 9, because when you turn 21 you will want to CC whatever you have.

Shockingly, I'm actually in Az. You hear about how lax the gun laws are... But no where will actually sell you ammo. The only way I get the .45 ammo is to bring the CX4 in with me. They take a look at it, then they are able to legally sell it. You basically have to prove that it is for use in a rifle. No other way to get it.

I went out for a quick desert trip with a friend after class today and he let me shoot his Beretta 92fs. That thing is pretty nice, too (plus, 6 more rounds if I remember right). He also gets military discount, so it's right at $500, vs the nearly $900 for the HK45... Mags are also like $30 bucks cheaper and you have the option of a 30 rd mag... Plus, way cheaper ammo.
He definitely made that Beretta sound good.

Didn't fit quite as good, but I think he still sold me on it.

SSwain

Forum Captain
Friday the 13th ...and a Full moon?
That's like Independence Day for all the crazies.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

And we had no transports yesterday, I don't think this will end well.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm glad this isn't my week on duty lol

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Currently on day 2 of my 14 day shift. So far 1 transport (seizures) 2 lacs that I sutured. 1 I&D with packing of an abdominal abscess . A couple ear infections that I treated with amoxicillin and clarithromycin , 2 pts who each had both ears fully impacted with wax (syringed out) and 13 or so consultations.
Looks like it is going to be a good rotation.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Currently on day 2 of my 14 day shift. So far 1 transport (seizures) 2 lacs that I sutured. 1 I&D with packing of an abdominal abscess . A couple ear infractions that I treated with amoxicillin and clarithromycin , 2 pts who each had both ears fully impacted with wax (syringed out) and 13 or so consultations.
have I mentioned lately how much I want your job?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Got to partake is some range therapy this morning. Broke my latest project gun. Fixed a newish gun. Shot three new onrs for the first time. Then I ruined my good day by going into work and finishing my reports.

At least it was OT

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Welp, taking the ATCEMS Medic 1 written test tomorrow, then hopefully skills portion later in the day. Hopefully won't be competing against to many Paramedics for Basic slots!

Also have no idea what to wear considering it is not an actual interview. Think ill just go with the ole' shirt and tie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Currently on day 2 of my 14 day shift. So far 1 transport (seizures) 2 lacs that I sutured. 1 I&D with packing of an abdominal abscess . A couple ear infractions that I treated with amoxicillin and clarithromycin , 2 pts who each had both ears fully impacted with wax (syringed out) and 13 or so consultations.

You work at an oil field of sorts right? Do they supply qtips?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Starting to fill out paperwork for Excelsior. Figured it might be something to kill time at work.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
So started working at an ER today. And I thought EMS abuse was bad. Worked fast track for about 2 hours of my 6 hour shift, had 3 different cases of toothache and one of eye pain. One of the toothache's, when the PA looked him up in the state database, had a two page long history of where and when he received pain meds. He got discharged from triage. The eye pain needed a wheelchair from the waiting room to fast track and had a "lazy" eye, but passed all vision tests and exams. Got a shot of some pain med, and suddenly, sprang up from the bed and walked herself out...