the 100% directionless thread

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I've had some mixed feelings about lights and sirens on the freeway. It seems like even when there are a few cars on the road, they always seem to group up and get in the way somehow. I say just turn them on as needed, but I wonder how people react when the lights are turned on for a couple of seconds, they move out of the way, you pass by, and then you turn it off, lol. People are dumb, but I guess what other people think on the road doesn't really matter in the end.

I use secondaries when I'm driving fast in the fast lane ER to a call hella far out into the desert, then light up if I need someone to move over, then back to secondaries when I pass them.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Awesome.

What was the approximate event to table time?

Our dispatch to TPA time, was ~an hour and 15. Would have been quicker, but there was a few issues with the FD not taking the call seriously.

From initial event, just slightly over 4 hours. He got facial droop and confused around dinner, but then it went away so they didn't call. Came back while he was in the shower.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Our dispatch to TPA time, was ~an hour and 15. Would have been quicker, but there was a few issues with the FD not taking the call seriously.

From initial event, just slightly over 4 hours. He got facial droop and confused around dinner, but then it went away so they didn't call. Came back while he was in the shower.

An hour and 15? Where the heck was the call at?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I use secondaries when I'm driving fast in the fast lane ER to a call hella far out into the desert, then light up if I need someone to move over, then back to secondaries when I pass them.
I wish I could do that. Although our ambulance has a switch for both primaries and secondaries, the lights are the exact same instead of just the back only so I don't ever use secondaries (cause it's the same as primary lights).

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

I wish I could do that. Although our ambulance has a switch for both primaries and secondaries, the lights are the exact same instead of just the back only so I don't ever use secondaries (cause it's the same as primary lights).

And then there I am, using no lights or sirens or anything on the freeway. Traffic is usually moving at 80mph anyway.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
We run code on the freeway and I hate it. There's a massive flatscreen in the comm center so they can see us as we go by certain places. I can't stand it

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We run code on the freeway and I hate it. There's a massive flatscreen in the comm center so they can see us as we go by certain places. I can't stand it

I love our policy regarding that. No code unless traffic is under 15mph.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Day 2 of ATCEMS finished up today, last big hurdle is tomorrow. Hoping to be on that final eligibility list.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
PS.

On scene ~25 mins. That's dispatch to TPA, not dispatch to door time.

Ahhh ok. I was thinking that was dispatch to door time. With that time frame I was thinking either go to EMC (if it was out east) or fly 'em out.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Six calls in our first 25 hours... all my truck. My black cloud is strong this week

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
And on a completely unrelated note.... I met RocketMedics father yesterday lol

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Nice to do some real paramedicine on occasion...Interesting patient last night with a HR of 220. Wide QRS ~.200, no history of BBB. No capture or fusion beats, left axis deviation of -50, and no concordance. Ended up interpreting it as SVT and treated successfully with 6 mg of Adenosine.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Nice to do some real paramedicine on occasion...Interesting patient last night with a HR of 220. Wide QRS ~.200, no history of BBB. No capture or fusion beats, left axis deviation of -50, and no concordance. Ended up interpreting it as SVT and treated successfully with 6 mg of Adenosine.
I wanna see the 12-lead! What made you decide it was SVT with abberancy?

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I wanna see the 12-lead! What made you decide it was SVT with abberancy?
4apegevu.jpg

No extreme axis deviation, no concordance in precordial leads, RS in V6, no signs of AV dissociation, no capture or fusion beats. Also, and perhaps most importantly, the patient had one previous episode that was terminated successfully with what sounded to be Adenosine. Being a thinking man, I wasn't in the mood to mess with what had worked in the past.

I did just notice Josephson's sign in V6 and III though...Either way, the adenosine worked.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
4apegevu.jpg

No extreme axis deviation, no concordance in precordial leads, RS in V6, no signs of AV dissociation, no capture or fusion beats. Also, and perhaps most importantly, the patient had one previous episode that was terminated successfully with what sounded to be Adenosine. Being a thinking man, I wasn't in the mood to mess with what had worked in the past.

I did just notice Josephson's sign in V6 and III though...Either way, the adenosine worked.
thanks for posting. admittedly I was going the v-tach route. good catch

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
I hate being up at 1 am, everybody else is asleep, I have to resort to having the most interesting one-and-a-half-sided conversations with whatever is on TV.

Somebody please come rescue me from infomercials and foreign language programs I do not understand! :)

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
I hate being up at 1 am, everybody else is asleep, I have to resort to having the most interesting one-and-a-half-sided conversations with whatever is on TV.

I hate being up at 1 pm, everyone else is awake, they insist on having the most boring two sided conversations with me.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Interview for a PRN job at a local Lear flight service Tuesday, and interview for a PRN job with UNMH Lifeguard Friday!