the 100% directionless thread

Epi-do

I see dead people
Congrats man. Don't give up at a plateau like I did. I was at 40 or so and just gave up. Still got like another 30 I'd like gone... New Year's Resolution? :rofl:

I really wish I "only" had another 30 pounds to go. For me, it's more like another 80, but I will get there. It's just going to take some time. My husband is thrilled that I finally decided to do something about my weight. He's never made a big deal out of it, but I know he is happy that I am getting healthier.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Mailed off CAL FIRE apps. today... maybe this go round I'll get hired

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Mailed off CAL FIRE apps. today... maybe this go round I'll get hired

Good luck being an EMT. They're really only hiring medics afaik.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
How quickly does your GPS on the software update? Our unit moves like every 8-10 seconds.

Possibly slightly more frequently, when it's zoomed in all the way at least. I'd imagine that's probably a feature of the GPS unit they have it linked with and whatever settings IT set up with the software.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Decided to try swordfish for dinner for the first time. Was surprisingly decent. It definitely wasn't fresh, the fish taste that fish starts to get after sitting was prevalent.
I had to laugh when I told my friend what I was making for dinner and she replied "you are by far the weirdest 19 year old boy, I know..."
I guess not a lot of people my age make that, with couscous topped with pine nuts and artichoke :unsure:

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I really wish I "only" had another 30 pounds to go. For me, it's more like another 80, but I will get there. It's just going to take some time. My husband is thrilled that I finally decided to do something about my weight. He's never made a big deal out of it, but I know he is happy that I am getting healthier.
I retract my aforementioned "congrats man" and replace it with "woman". :p

It's been rough for me. Three years ago I wasn't anywhere near my current BF%, since I was playing football (I was sitting around 11%, when I started this weight loss up I was near 30%) and I definitely had a decent body. I'd eat whatever I want and nothing changed. Stopped playing, kept eating...
Now I don't see that former coming back in half a second, so I get frustrated and then I gave up.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Today at work I took our oath of office and got pinned. It was in the station kitchen, which could not have made me happier!

OOraw!!

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Two months into my weight loss journey and working with a personal trainer, I have lost 31 pounds and 20 3/4 inches. Happy New Year to me!!

OORaw you too!!!!

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Good luck being an EMT. They're really only hiring medics afaik.

Thanks... its only a seasonal job so while the chances are slim they are still better then trying to get hired permeant.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Bleh... Sick... First clinical yesterday and I come home sick... Not a good way to start the new year...

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
1528704_463089427130219_810982373_n.jpg

Happy new year from the station.

This is how we welcome 2014 on duty. Sleepy toasts with Welches grape juice.

Everyone stay safe!

Watching the police women of dallas on netflix, just noticed that they use the same MDT software as us. VisiNet.

We use the same software on our MDC's as well... The map feature on ours often lags.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Welp, this kinda sucks. My gf's phone got disconnected so we were IMing when she was on wifi earlier, made plans to meet up at a specific time and place for New Years Eve.

I'm almost there when she calls me from a borrowed phone, apparently something came up and she doesn't know if she can meet me but will try to.

So I find myself sitting in my truck in a parking lot near downtown LA just sitting and waiting, unable to text or call her or anything. Ever so slightly frustrating.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Made the mistake of being the nice guy and picking up the ex and taking her drunk *** home, at 2100...which the new girl wasn't happy about but she's super down so she understood and didn't have much room to complain considering I came right back, with something to make it up to her.

After having to basically escape from her apartment after dropping her off the ex proceed to call, text or leave voicemails 14 times...the new girl finally got mad and answered the last call.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting to say the least. Can't I just enjoy my disability and NYE in peace?? :lol:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My first call of 2014.

ynatu9uj.jpg

Luckily... it was just a snotty, sick-with-a-cold kid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
I'm dying.... My eyeballs hurt.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
5a3a3u9y.jpg

Glad I didn't pick up a New Years shift.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Made the mistake of being the nice guy and picking up the ex and taking her drunk *** home, at 2100...which the new girl wasn't happy about but she's super down so she understood and didn't have much room to complain considering I came right back, with something to make it up to her.

After having to basically escape from her apartment after dropping her off the ex proceed to call, text or leave voicemails 14 times...the new girl finally got mad and answered the last call.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting to say the least. Can't I just enjoy my disability and NYE in peace?? :lol:

Is this the same dirt bike girl that you told me about?

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
I go back tonight tomorrow and friday,

I am hoping that the first code of the year, and shooting of the year is out of the way.

I was so lucky to get both of those pinned to me last year, Cardiac arrest was 10 minutes after midnight. Shooting was at 5 am. Ironically it was his birthday, and that was his birthday gift. apparently safe gun handling lessons should have been issued first as he accidentally shot himself and his friend

Anjel

Forum Angel
I work tonight. Off tomorrow and on all weekend.

I too had the first shooting of 2013. 25 year old shot 19 (that we could count) times and dumped on a street shortly after 12am.