the 100% directionless thread

terrible one

Always wandering
That actually doesn't sound too unreasonable to me.

Perhaps not strictly evidence-based, but far better than what we used to do, which was to simply board E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E.

I suppose, I just hate back boarding someone who has been walking around for the past hour after getting sucker punched and talking to PD but now they want to go the hospital.
I wonder how many people have a SCI after being punched in the nose?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I kind of wish I would have gone out there. Poor younger-twenties girl was probably freaking out when FD/EMS came.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
So yesterday we flew a 4 year old gear from a 50-55 MPH head on TC. My lucky partner got to fly in the helicopter since there wasn't a medic on board yesterday. The chopper just happen to be flying over the scene and one of the CHP ground officers asked if we'd like to have them fly some one.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I feel your pain.

Last week wife's car (Mazda CX7) threw 8 check engine codes and was running bad. Tracked it down to a bad O2 sensor. Ordered a sensor shipped next day from Rockauto for super cheap. Go to change it Tuesday and as it comes out it takes half the threads with it in the turbo down pipe. Get to researching and find out its normal for these Mazda turbo motors to destroy O2 sensor threads when removing them. Had to order a tap from Amazon shipped next day (love the Prime account) and fixed it between shifts yesterday. Annnnddddd I also found that one of the fluid filled motor mounts self destructed recently so that has to be replaced.

This car is getting sold next year.
Yep. That's the goal for me, too. Planning on putting a little into fixing body damage and buying my Suzuki Bandit 400 finally, while everyone sells their bike cheap this winter.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So yesterday we flew a 4 year old gear from a 50-55 MPH head on TC. My lucky partner got to fly in the helicopter since there wasn't a medic on board yesterday. The chopper just happen to be flying over the scene and one of the CHP ground officers asked if we'd like to have them fly some one.

That's very rare. Usually CHP has a medic on board.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
One of the required books for my paramedic class is "The People Code" haha

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So I've got a background investigation orientation at a local Class 1 Fire Dept for wn EMT AO job. Pays better than oretty much every private company in the area plus city employee benefits with half the drive as my current job. In other wirds I REALLY want to be on time. Only problem is that traffic has collectively decided to drive at ~15mph on the freeway and idk if its gonna make me late or not -_-

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Geeze, this is the most wrong I've been in a while...
I made chili verde for dinner tonight. Normally I do 4 hatch chilis, 6 jalapenos and 2 serrano peppers. I decided to switch it up tonight. Took out 4 jalapenos, added 6 habaneros and some "ghost salts" that my sister sent me (ghost pepper pieces mixed in with kosher salt). Figured they're small, so more are needed. My god, this is horrendous. I think it tastes delicious, though. Can't tell for sure, since a half glass of milk is needed immediately after each bite... Hahaha

IslandTime

Forum Crew Member
Geeze, this is the most wrong I've been in a while...
I made chili verde for dinner tonight. Normally I do 4 hatch chilis, 6 jalapenos and 2 serrano peppers. I decided to switch it up tonight. Took out 4 jalapenos, added 6 habaneros and some "ghost salts" that my sister sent me (ghost pepper pieces mixed in with kosher salt). Figured they're small, so more are needed. My god, this is horrendous. I think it tastes delicious, though. Can't tell for sure, since a half glass of milk is needed immediately after each bite... Hahaha

You are aware that there is worldwide effort to abolish chemical weapons, aren't you? :)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Hahahha, I don't think I care to see that video, if it exists :rofl:

Neither do I ... and a quick word of warning to everyone looking for one of those vids right now.

Keep it to yourself, please.