the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Not all of them. Ventmedic is apparently alive and well and posting very regularly.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was suspectin that. I thought I recognized some similarities in the nursing to medic thread

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was suspectin that. I thought I recognized some similarities in the nursing to medic thread
Hey now...I'm not pointing my finger at any particular poster or even a thread where it has posted...that would probably violate some rule and I'd be banned...;)

Let's just say it's been very clear for awhile now.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hey now...I'm not pointing my finger at any particular poster or even a thread where it has posted...that would probably violate some rule and I'd be banned...;)

Let's just say it's been very clear for awhile now.

I don't mind doing it lol

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I'm not interested in flight. I don't have any interest in nursing. PA doesn't sound appealing.

...maybe I can go sell TVs at Best Buy. Or open an ice cream stand.

Before I started CRNA school I said several times, "if this doesn't work out for some reason, I may go back to flying.....but I'd much rather get a job as a UPS driver."

And I really meant it.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
On another note, I feel like these future of EMS threads always go in circles. It starts out nice and optimistic and always ends with crap talking nurses. Shoot me.

Yeah, it's always those mean nurses "talking crap" that sends those conversations heading downhill.....:rofl:

We have no problems with disagreements. The issue arises when people stop being polite about it.

For the most part I appreciate the moderation on this forum. I think it's mostly fair and it keeps threads on track and organized. There is far more productive discussion on this forum than any other I've come across. That's why I continue to frequent it despite my very busy schedule. The mods definitely deserve some credit for that.

However, there are definitely times when it's a little heavy handed, as well as appearing somewhat biased.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

JPINFV

Gadfly

There's a reason why I have a person with a name of a type of ship on my ignore list for a fairly long time.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Yeah, it's always those mean nurses "talking crap" that sends those conversations heading downhill.....:rofl:

In this case, "crap talking nurses" seemed to be referring to people talking badly about nurses, not the other way around. At least that's how I read the initial post.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief

For the most part I appreciate the moderation on this forum. I think it's mostly fair and it keeps threads on track and organized. There is far more productive discussion on this forum than any other I've come across. That's why I continue to frequent it despite my very busy schedule. The mods definitely deserve some credit for that.

However, there are definitely times when it's a little heavy handed, as well as appearing somewhat biased.

I'm sorry. That was poorly worded. I meant someone starts talking crap about nurses, not that nurses were the problem. There are a lot of nurses that do a lot of good for this forum, and are obviously very capable clinicians. I don't understand people who get butt hurt over the fact that some nurses would make good paramedics.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
In this case, "crap talking nurses" seemed to be referring to people talking badly about nurses, not the other way around. At least that's how I read the initial post.

This. My post was admittedly poorly worded in this instance.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
...some nurses would make good paramedics.

Someone grab him! I'll go get the stake and the matches!! Hahaha

I try to leave for a while then you guys start entertaining me!

Maybe I'll just hangout in here.

Random as hell. All this talk of old members made me wonder, had anyone talked to Sasha recently?

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Someone grab him! I'll go get the stake and the matches!! Hahaha

I try to leave for a while then you guys start entertaining me!

Maybe I'll just hangout in here.

Random as hell. All this talk of old members made me wonder, had anyone talked to Sasha recently?

Stick around. We aren't all nurse lovers, though from what I remember you do loooove some nurses. :rofl:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Stick around. We aren't all nurse lovers, though from what I remember you do loooove some nurses. :rofl:

I've got absolutely no problems with nurses. I have a lot of respect for what they do, not sure it's something that I'd be happy doing though. I ask certain nurses for advice all the time.

Also, you are correct about your last statement haha.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
I've got absolutely no problems with nurses. I have a lot of respect for what they do, not sure it's something that I'd be happy doing though. I ask certain nurses for advice all the time.

Also, you are correct about your last statement haha.

Yeah I didn't figure you disliked nurses. You seem too smart to paint a whole profession with the same broad brush.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief

I just noticed she wasn't on my friends list on fb anymore. Hmm.
Also, Hi Robb! And usaf sends his hellos as well to everyone.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I just noticed she wasn't on my friends list on fb anymore. Hmm.
Also, Hi Robb! And usaf sends his hellos as well to everyone.
Long time no see. Hello to you and USAF. I should talk to him more on Facebook, but I don't know too much about aviation, and I feel pretty comfortable with vents.

MrJones

Iconoclast
Or you could allow disagreements between parties. Seeing as that's the basis behind a discussion/argument. The minute one person gets their feelings hurt it's game over. This is the strictest forum I've ever been on, hands down. No wonder many of the original contributors don't come around anymore.

What's the point of a discussion forum if every topic that gets somewhT heated gets locked and/or edited by the mods.

Sounds a lot like censorship to me. Just a thought.

Good to know that it's not just me who notices this....

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Had the pleasure of calling in a reckless driver today on the way home. Saw a trooper parked, spoke with him, he pulled him over, and I gave a statement.

Best part being is he is a frequent flyer who is incredibly nasty to our crews.