the 100% directionless thread

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Altra Superiors, Mizuno Wave Riders, and the Garmin 620 that just got released today... I feel like a little kid during Christmas!! :D :D :D

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hazzah! Went to the AT&T store (it was closer plus we're AT&T customers, what with my dad working for them and all) and they had one in stock. The guy even gave me half off 'cuz I'm military :)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Hazzah! Went to the AT&T store (it was closer plus we're AT&T customers, what with my dad working for them and all) and they had one in stock. The guy even gave me half off 'cuz I'm military :)

Gotta love discounts. Most phone stores have a military/Fire/EMS/PD discount.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Yep. Just take your paystub into the store. For Verizon we get a 20% discount on our phone bill and 25% off on accessories.

Does it have to be a AMR paystub? Could you use your REMS card or NREMT card also?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
EMSC is the one with a discount with Verizon, and by default Amr is too.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Does it have to be a AMR paystub? Could you use your REMS card or NREMT card also?

It has to be a pay stub. Doesn't have to be from AMR unless you work for them.

AT&T let me use my company email to verify it, plus I had my ID badge. I've gone into stores on duty to buy a case or charger before and gotten discounts.

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
AT Bible Study last night, one of my friends brought her two younger (teenaged) sisters with her. The younger one is a bracelet fanatic, and wears all kinds of them. I noticed she had on a Medic Alert bracelet and asked her what it was for. "I dunno," she said. "E (little sister) gave it to me." I told her its not a good idea to wear a medic alert bracelet if you don't need it, because EMS is taught to treat a person based on their medic alert bracelet. She proceeded to "hide" it amongst her other bracelets. I told her that wouldn't work, EMS would be likely to remove the bracelets in an emergency. I looked at the bracelet and it said "Coumadin" on it. I all but insisted she take it off immediately. *facepalm* Teenagers!!

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Working in financial services full time, still trying to find a PT (BLS) EMS gig. I've got half a mind to quit and go get my medic.

IslandTime

Forum Crew Member
San Juan is absolutely beautiful. I was there a few years ago for the 4th of July and saw their FD in the parade. Imagine it would be a good place to go retire.

Yeh, but they're mostly vollies, and you know what they say about vollies. :^

(That was sarcasm for those that are sarcasm impaired. )

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
AT Bible Study last night, one of my friends brought her two younger (teenaged) sisters with her. The younger one is a bracelet fanatic, and wears all kinds of them. I noticed she had on a Medic Alert bracelet and asked her what it was for. "I dunno," she said. "E (little sister) gave it to me." I told her its not a good idea to wear a medic alert bracelet if you don't need it, because EMS is taught to treat a person based on their medic alert bracelet. She proceeded to "hide" it amongst her other bracelets. I told her that wouldn't work, EMS would be likely to remove the bracelets in an emergency. I looked at the bracelet and it said "Coumadin" on it. I all but insisted she take it off immediately. *facepalm* Teenagers!!

I've never had a kid who takes Coumadin. Stranger things have happened though. If it's her sisters and her sister does in fact take Coumadin she needs to wear it...

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
I've never had a kid who takes Coumadin. Stranger things have happened though. If it's her sisters and her sister does in fact take Coumadin she needs to wear it...
Apparently, the youngest sister found it, and gave it to the bracelet-loving sister. The eldest sister stated that the bracelet probably belonged to the grandfather and the bracelet wearing sister needed to give it back to him.

A busy 24 hour shift coupled with a good amount of extreme abuse of the 911 system has succeeded in making me very grumpy.....is it 8am yet?

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I got pinned by the Air Care Super this week for my first save. Nice little framed certificate, cool little gold plated pin. It'll look great in a box at the back of the closet.

I just really hope the guy got his dentures back.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
A busy 24 hour shift coupled with a good amount of extreme abuse of the 911 system has succeeded in making me very grumpy.....is it 8am yet?

One of our daily riders got a talking to yesterday and the unit that responded to her was cancelled surprisingly.

epipusher

Forum Asst. Chief
Are bans handed out based off the individual mods discretion or a specific set of guidelines followed by all?