the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Are bans handed out based off the individual mods discretion or a specific set of guidelines followed by all?

Certain infractions result in immediate bans. Others, we discuss as a group.

Usually, a ban is hard to get, and they NEVER come without several warnings, unless you're a spambot. You've got to earn a ban.

Last edited by a moderator:

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I think it's a mix ^

Anyways, I finally got a new job. Drug and alcohol testing (in other words, take urine samples... Who-hoo!). Can't complain that much, though, considering I start at $17/ hour. That is a non-sarcastic who-hoo this time. lol

I really do hate that I have to wear scrubs though. First time I ever have. Couldn't find jack that fit right, without bumping my normal large up to a 2x.. Super baggy, but I couldn't find something that wasn't a schmedium on my chest, haha.
So, anyone that wears scrubs got a good suggestion on a brand that fits wider in the chest, smaller in the stomach?

Edit: Didn't see DE respond. Forgot what I said, haha.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I think it's a mix ^

Anyways, I finally got a new job. Drug and alcohol testing (in other words, take urine samples... Who-hoo!). Can't complain that much, though, considering I start at $17/ hour. That is a non-sarcastic who-hoo this time. lol

I really do hate that I have to wear scrubs though. First time I ever have. Couldn't find jack that fit right, without bumping my normal large up to a 2x.. Super baggy, but I couldn't find something that wasn't a schmedium on my chest, haha.
So, anyone that wears scrubs got a good suggestion on a brand that fits wider in the chest, smaller in the stomach?

****ie's Mens scrub tops with the cargo pocket scrub pants.

Aviator scrubs are nice, but are really pricey and I think the ****ie's are just as good.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
****ie's Mens scrub tops with the cargo pocket scrub pants.

Aviator scrubs are nice, but are really pricey and I think the ****ie's are just as good.
Thank you :D I'll check some out. I just went with the cheapo brand today since none fit right. The pants are all good, I just couldn't find a top that wasn't super baggy everywhere besides the chest.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I think it's a mix ^

You must work out.

Don't be so ripped, bro.

:lol:

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
You must work out.

Don't be so ripped, bro.

:lol:
That's a good answer, I'll just quit working out and then they'll all fit right!
Bhaha, not as much as I should, in actuality. I've been shooting to enlist into pararescue for the past few years, I'm definitely not in the shape I need to be in for that, haha. I can do the calisthenics portion all day long, the running/ swimming... Well, not so much.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Certain infractions result in immediate bans. Others, we discuss as a group.

Usually, a ban is hard to get, and they NEVER come without several warnings, unless you're a spambot. You've got to earn a ban.
spambot.jpg

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Had my first STEMI patient this morning. Pretty much textbook presentation. 52 year old male, midline chest pressure radiating into back and left arm. 12 lead showed 1.5 mm elevation in 2, 3, AVF. I got to go watch the cath. He had a 99% blockage of his RCA.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
My patient last night got his arm caught in a poultry plant's "neck breaker" machine. Much Fentanyl was given...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My patient last night got his arm caught in a poultry plant's "neck breaker" machine. Much Fentanyl was given...

That's brutal. Definitely warrants much fentanyl. Maybe even some midazolam depending on how the fent was working.

Yowsers

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Ah yes....much fentanyl would be great on that one.

Much fentanyl was given here this morning when patient was found to be in much pain with vehicle tire tracks across the abdomen and legs.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Through a fair amount of trial and tribulation, yes. Not so much Priority 1, but definitely uncomfortable looking.

Do you guys have to give the hospital a priority on the patient? How does that work out if you do? Do they listen to you?

NomadicMedic

Do you guys have to give the hospital a priority on the patient? How does that work out if you do? Do they listen to you?

I just heard that it was down in 88 land. Did you go to PRMC?

And yeah Robb, a "Priority 1" for us means "this guy is gonna die shortly". A 2 means we can stave off the grim reaper for a bit and a 3 is BLS with a paramedic. :) They usually listen to us when we make a Priority 1 notification.

Man vs machine calls are usually nasty. I had a guy with his arm caught in a book binding machine at a printers. It was ... Intense.

Last edited by a moderator:

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader

Each of our charts has to be designated as Priority 1, 2, 3, or 4. Priority 4 is DOA, and it escalates in severity from there with Priority 1 being the most critical. The line between Priorities 2 and 3 can be a bit fuzzy at times, so on those I mostly give my report and let the hospital decide how to triage it based on what I told them. For true Priority 1 patients, I always lead off my radio report by telling them it's a Priority 1. As long as you're not the paramedic who cried wolf, telling the hospital you're en route with a truly critical patient gets a pretty good response most of the time.

I only mentioned that this one wasn't a Priority 1 like we first thought because BLS arrived first and quickly aired "Priority 1" before reconsidering and going with Priority 2 after a better assessment.

NomadicMedic

I only mentioned that this one wasn't a Priority 1 like we first thought because BLS arrived first and quickly aired "Priority 1" before reconsidering and going with Priority 2 after a better assessment.

That's what I heard. "Look at all that mechanism..."

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
This shift has sucked... Been a merry-go-round from the hospital all day. Only twelve more hours to go... But I must admit, thirty to forty minute responses from the hospital means that my charts all get done nicely.