the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
TOMS class for the next 4 days?

Gonna be fun!!

IslandTime

Forum Crew Member
Oh man. I haven't been Rick Rolled in years. I thought that meme was dead.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I haven't decided which was the most fun yet... It's between learning to move with an entry team in the stack and clear rooms and having to force our way through a wall to get ourselves and the patient through it and away from the threat.

:D

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My last call was a 70-year-old guy, single vehicle off the road into a tree. Alcohol on board. He was sobbing as we extricated him. Wife is home, dying of cancer.

He wasn't hurt badly, but emotionally he was a wreck. All I could do was hold his hand on the way to the hospital.

What a mess.

Those are the calls that take it out of me.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My last call was a 70-year-old guy, single vehicle off the road into a tree. Alcohol on board. He was sobbing as we extricated him. Wife is home, dying of cancer.

He wasn't hurt badly, but emotionally he was a wreck. All I could do was hold his hand on the way to the hospital.

What a mess.

Those are the calls that take it out of me.

Yuck, no bueno. Sorry to hear that sir.

Day two of TOMS today. Wooohooooo

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yuck, no bueno. Sorry to hear that sir.

Day two of TOMS today. Wooohooooo

You have no idea how jealous I am of you right now lol

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Wheelchair van war stories...the most interesting.

Put a bunch of fresh faced EMTs all in one place with a seriously monotonous job and you've got trouble.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I can imagine...So, did you pick up a job with the main operation in the city then?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I can imagine...So, did you pick up a job with the main operation in the city then?

Yes. Next academy for 911 isn't till February. Ouch.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You have no idea how jealous I am of you right now lol

Dude, I honestly don't know how I'm gonna go back to sitting in a unit and being content. Sounds like our team is gonna test again this spring or early summer so I need to get my *** into better shape and study study study.

Tomorrow is PD K9 EMS and some other classroom stations in the morning then a 4 hour break and then a night "call out" running with real Operators. Thursday is our active shooter lecture, then scenario then graduation :D

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Dude, I honestly don't know how I'm gonna go back to sitting in a unit and being content. Sounds like our team is gonna test again this spring or early summer so I need to get my *** into better shape and study study study.

Tomorrow is PD K9 EMS and some other classroom stations in the morning then a 4 hour break and then a night "call out" running with real Operators. Thursday is our active shooter lecture, then scenario then graduation :D

I need to find soemwhere I can use my new flight cert to feel better lol. Or just come and apply t your agency lol

Hal9000

Forum Captain
I left my 911 job quite a while ago, worked my butt off for BNSF for a while, saved up a bunch of money (my benefits alone were valued at 81% of my annual salary in EMS!), and now...*drumroll please*...I'm an air traffic controller.

Well, a mere fledgling ATCer, but still, my job is now to confuse pilots in the most efficient way possible. I randomly thought about EMS as I was sitting at my computer and decided to drop by EMTLife. I almost miss it in a way, but my new career has an intensity that I really like, and the pay's definitely decent. :)

Y'all are definitely lucky, though. There's a satisfaction that can't be really matched with another job. Nothing quite scratches the itch like EMS.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I need to find soemwhere I can use my new flight cert to feel better lol. Or just come and apply t your agency lol

You could do that. If this new batch of new hires pass we'll supposedly be fully staffed but the county FD is going to hire again soon and we'll lose some again. Unfortunately I think most of them will be below me on seniority so I don't think I'll gain anything and actually might lose some when the ones that went through school on our scholarship program clear their FTO time but I'm not 100% sure on that.

They keep talking about a couple really cool protocol changes but until I see them in writing I don't believe a thing I hear.

Sounds like a ton of fun Rob. Is work putting you through the class?

No but I do get a partial reimbursement from my education allowance. I might be wrong but depending on how they do the year whether it be calendar or fiscal I will be able to get some back from my CCEMT-P class next spring.

Last edited by a moderator:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
16 hours of OT to hang out and watch drunk and rowdy bystanders and the occasional guy that gets smashed by a flying pumpkin. (Yeah, we flew one out last year...)

etasuva6.jpg

It's Punkin Chunkin time!

rescue1

Forum Asst. Chief
16 hours of OT to hang out and watch drunk and rowdy bystanders and the occasional guy that gets smashed by a flying pumpkin. (Yeah, we flew one out last year...)

etasuva6.jpg

It's Punkin Chunkin time!

I was there last year! How do people manage to get hit by pumpkins? Do they run out onto the shooting field?