the 100% directionless thread

Achilles

Forum Moron
Sitting at SOS (Michigan's DMV)
Listening to a guy complain about:
How long the wait is.
How 0800 is early to wake up.
How long the wait is.
How the wait shouldn't be so long because of technology.
How people should be fired because he has to wait.
Healthcare.
How long the wait is.
Obama.
How long the wait is.

Last edited by a moderator:

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Wtf!!!

So my wife's purse and bag was stolen off her unit, 15ft in front of the station while they were making crew change tonight. I swear some people. And I really doubt this was random.

Yep. spidey senses tell me this was a coworker or coworkers ride/friend.

Beyond pissed off.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Thieving coworkers are the worst. It's unbelievable how low some people can stoop.

I agree. sadly it isnt the first time and wont be the last.

We had an emt try to frame me for stealing fuel using one of our fuel cards a couple years ago. Yes he was using my fuel PIN but I didnt have a diesel personal vehicle and the gas station cameras caught him and his wife. I loved watching that go down and blow up in his face.

I have my suspicions for this act of theft but cant really do anything about it. I know the management and PD are investigating but I doubt we'll figure out who it was. Unless someone turns them in.

really pathetic people act like this and can't be trusted.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
New hire for the next three weeks? I guess I'll go back to being like an intern and riding in the box all day...

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I'm in DC with my brother for a few days, and I just saw a third person in two days pass out from heat. I'm 0/3 on having any desire to go over and offer my services in shuffling people in to air conditioning. All three times, the beleaguered staff of DC FEMS has done a marvelous job of managing it themselves :)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I saw a pretty good car wreck the other day. I called the dispatch center to see if it had already been reported as I drove by.

Desire to stop and insert myself into the midst of that mess = zero.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I saw a pretty good car wreck the other day. I called the dispatch center to see if it had already been reported as I drove by.

You sir are obviously not a volunteer :lol:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief

I take it you were off duty?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I kid. I kid.

Yes, I was off duty.

Lol you mean I can't go take the detective test and drive around w/ a gum all light now?? Drat! :p

This is why one should be careful posting when one chooses other activities over sleep the previous night haha

Anjel

Forum Angel
Wow. If you keep making clever deductions like that, you can transfer out of EMS to become a police detective. :)

Nice work Colombo.

When I was little I would watch Colombo with my papa. I thought he was the smartest man alive lol

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Am I the only one who thinks the toughbook is the biggest joke of a laptop ever created?

Its what, like $3-4,000 for one. Another $1200 for the charger, atleast the one we have, and its the slowest piece of junk out there.

For $4,000 i could build a laptop and it would be lightning fast. All our toughbooks are under 2 years old, have nothing but the EMS protocols/report programs on them and they work slower than a snail.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Am I the only one who thinks the toughbook is the biggest joke of a laptop ever created?

Its what, like $3-4,000 for one. Another $1200 for the charger, atleast the one we have, and its the slowest piece of junk out there.

For $4,000 i could build a laptop and it would be lightning fast. All our toughbooks are under 2 years old, have nothing but the EMS protocols/report programs on them and they work slower than a snail.

I don't know why we dont switch to an iPad MDT / PCR program. The GPS would be much better for guiding, and pair it up with an otterbox or a bluetooth keyboard and it would be freaking amazing.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Our service just bought new "tough pads" the Panasonic tough book tablet. So far, it's kind of a POS. But I'm sure, given time, I will learn to really hate it. :)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I don't know why we dont switch to an iPad MDT / PCR program. The GPS would be much better for guiding, and pair it up with an otterbox or a bluetooth keyboard and it would be freaking amazing.

Last I heard some of San Bernardino county will be doing this. As of right now we can't. They would either have to develop a MEDS program for iOS or they would have to publish MEDS online (don't always have service).