the 100% directionless thread

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
A guy I went to High School with died today from a Heroin OD. It seems that I hear about a friend or acquaintance overdosing every couple of months lately. I want to be sympathetic but it is so hard when someone throws their life away with drugs.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So it just took me an hour to drive 4 and a half miles. Thanks LA traffic!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
A guy I went to High School with died today from a Heroin OD. It seems that I hear about a friend or acquaintance overdosing every couple of months lately. I want to be sympathetic but it is so hard when someone throws their life away with drugs.

Lost 4 close HS buddies in the last 16 months to the nasty H bomb.

I have very little sympathy for opioid OD wake ups.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It's rough losing a friend to an OD. I try to be as nice as I can to opiate wake ups. I had a good friend who struggled with addiction for years and I know how hard it was for him. I can't say I know what it feels like, but I can be sympathetic.

It's a good night tonight. I'm working with one of my all time favorite partners at a station 10 minutes from home. Just had awesome cheesesteaks for dinner and the AC is blasting. Life is good.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Started submitting applications to agencies in South Carolina. Looks like we may be moving closer to my wife's parents if things go well.

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
...and today on Facebook, EMTs and paramedics complaining that the NREMT is a scam... despite being similar to other national licensing exams... and far cheaper.

To whomever complains about their registration exam fees, I shall point to the $747 fee my licensing authority charges (on top of the $425 in annual dues), laugh, and then tell them to stop complaining post haste.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Started submitting applications to agencies in South Carolina. Looks like we may be moving closer to my wife's parents if things go well.

Send a PM to Fish, he'll be able to fill you in on South Carolina EMS. Good luck!

Epi-do

I see dead people
Fresh pineapple....check
coconut milk and cream of coconut.....check
vanilla ice cream.....check
Malibu rum....check

Add ice and mix well in blender.

Now if I was only on the beach!

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Send a PM to Fish, he'll be able to fill you in on South Carolina EMS. Good luck!

Doesn't fish work at one of the third services in Texas? Id like to know about services in s. Carolina so make a thread :)

Edit: nvm found a s. Carolina thread you guys are talking in :)

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I just had a better nights sleep at work than I've had at home for the past week. My roommate and I are dogsitting a 6 month old puppy and the thing has been keeping me up all night. Sweet relief...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Hmmm, our mechanic (no medical training at all) won one of the raffle prizes for work... The littmann master cardio 2. That was the only gift in all of the raffle prizes that had to do with medical hahaha.

RustyShackleford

Forum Crew Member
Working in a slow service combined with my ADHD like tendencies would lead to nothing but trouble.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
For the past month and a half I've been knitting hats for one of the local NICU's. I've been making them from tangerine sized through small grapefruit sized. I just wish I had an idea of what sizes were needed the most. The staff always seems so busy. I've been leaving them with the security guard that checks visitors in that want to visit the NICU.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
For the past month and a half I've been knitting hats for one of the local NICU's. I've been making them from tangerine sized through small grapefruit sized. I just wish I had an idea of what sizes were needed the most. The staff always seems so busy. I've been leaving them with the security guard that checks visitors in that want to visit the NICU.

I will forever look at a child's head size in relation to fruit now. Thank you.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I will forever look at a child's head size in relation to fruit now. Thank you.

Well, I figured that would be better than giving dimensions in inches since this is an international forum. That, and just about everyone I know knows how big those fruits are.