the 100% directionless thread

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Of course, on my birthday. My throttle cable breaks, and my starter solenoid stopped working.... At least that's what I think it is. I turn the key to start it... *click* Just one click. Then every once in a while it will actually turn over easily. I was hoping to put the rest of my check into a new radiator and rad fan... Guess not.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Of course, on my birthday. My throttle cable breaks, and my starter solenoid stopped working.... At least that's what I think it is. I turn the key to start it... *click* Just one click. Then every once in a while it will actually turn over easily. I was hoping to put the rest of my check into a new radiator and rad fan... Guess not.
Had the same problem recently.
It may just not be getting enough power. Positive battery terminal clean? Battery voltage when cranking? May just get enough power for the gear to line up with flywheel, which doesn't take much power at all. Does it progressively get fainter?
Turned out my terminal bolt was stripped and would only occasionally make good enough contact to power the starter. Pretty easy $3 fix.
If that's not it, then bypass the solenoid and see if the starter will turn that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Had the same problem recently.
It may just not be getting enough power. Positive battery terminal clean? Battery voltage when cranking? May just get enough power for the gear to line up with flywheel, which doesn't take much power at all. Does it progressively get fainter?
Turned out my terminal bolt was stripped and would only occasionally make good enough contact to power the starter. Pretty easy $3 fix.
If that's not it, then bypass the solenoid and see if the starter will turn that way.

I'm going to bring the battery with me to get tested friday when I go and get the throttle cable.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I love taking a nap up on the couch and waking up to find the Sharks whoopin' some Canadian ***.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm going to bring the battery with me to get tested friday when I go and get the throttle cable.

Could be a weak batt or terminals that werent making a good connection. Had a similar problem with my Land Cruiser but it was the starter going out. $20 in parts later I rebuilt it and it should last another 15 years.

And now I want a '51-'53 Hudson Hornet with Twin H Power setup..Such a fine car.

Exactly 1 month and I will be with my dad on the Hot Rod Power Tour. Think we've decided to take his '12 Camaro SS instead of the '72 Nova. Unless he sells the Nova to buy a mint '06 GTO with a supercharger and mods before then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Exactly 1 month and I will be with my dad on the Hot Rod Power Tour. Think we've decided to take his '12 Camaro SS instead of the '72 Nova. Unless he sells the Nova to buy a mint '06 GTO with a supercharger and mods before then.

Can I be your honorary brother for a bit in one month? It could be organized...I was adopted and all so who knows...maybe we really are brothers anyways... :D

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Can I be your honorary brother for a bit in one month? It could be organized...I was adopted and all so who knows...maybe we really are brothers anyways... :D

We would be the freakin Duggars with all the people asking to be honorary siblings lol

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
First night as a medic student on the truck and I become a white cloud all of a sudden. Such is life

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
First night as a medic student on the truck and I become a white cloud all of a sudden. Such is life

Good luck and have fun! I learned a ton in my internship and had a lot of fun in the process. Are you assigned a single preceptor or do you have a different one every shift?

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Good luck and have fun! I learned a ton in my internship and had a lot of fun in the process. Are you assigned a single preceptor or do you have a different one every shift?

I can precept with anyone I want, but only at my work place. Which is cool, everyone already knows I am competent and I know the protocols.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I can precept with anyone I want, but only at my work place. Which is cool, everyone already knows I am competent and I know the protocols.

That's cool. You can pick and choose what you like and you don't like to make your own style. Definitely a great tool for charting as well.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I am doing my second third ride this morning. We only had the 1 call last time. So lets hope for a better day.

I'm riding with my best friend so that's a plus.

Pavehawk

Forum Lieutenant
Well I'm done with medic school... graduation was last night. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks... now all that remains is the state exam and then national registry but first just gonna enjoy not having class or clinicals for a while!!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I've been on here, and I figured I should probably check in and see what everyone is up to :p

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Oil change, tire rotation, car wash, 20 point inspection, and top off all fluids for $9.95 can't beat that. Cheaper than if I did it myself.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I've been on here, and I figured I should probably check in and see what everyone is up to :p

I like Turtles :wub:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I like Turtles :wub:

Well yeah, who doesn't...they're full of chocolate and caramel goodness. ;)

You're still here?! :p

Haha, yes sir. It's been awhile, but I'm still here. I get so easily distracted by other things in my life like cars, guns, and other randoms. :p