the 100% directionless thread

Epi-do

I see dead people
Sometimes I have to laugh at the notes the dispatchers enter into the CAD. Today we had "64yoF...slurred speech...previous TIAs....confussed" and "2 cars still breathing."

I'm really glad those 2 cars were still breathing. I am not sure how to ventilate a KIA or a Caddy.

Now if I could only figure out what confussed is...

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
How about "rectal breathing," or "pt. does not appear to be breathing but is alert"?

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Los Spurs!!!

That is all.

:cool:

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
Day 2 of 911 is going just as well as day 1 went. Today had a hot return with a 3YOF auto vs ped and then a cardiac arrest with orders to stop resuscitation. So in 2 days 3 hot returns and 2 cardiac arrest, I think I am a black cloud. Time for a beer and bed.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Ended up throwing a no hitter last night. There was a fatal close to our district line that I thought we would have been sent on, but I learned that after a solid night's sleep. The station I usually work out of ran seven calls (a lot for us when transport is 40 minutes minimum), I felt kinda bad.

And then somehow I managed to nothing with my day until I had to go do EMT skills testing, which of course took almost six hours. Now I am sitting here taking another stoopid ICS course for a job interview at a place that I would rather die working at while my girlfriend kindly reminds me that we haven't seen each other in a few days.

Yup, it's a Monday.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
The worst part of these overnight shifts is not having anyone to talk to

Anjel

Forum Angel
Yay I passed PALS! Lol

Anjel

Forum Angel
Ya tons of memorization. My brain feels full.

But I now have ACLS, PHTLS, and PALS. I just need that measly EMT-P and I shall be complete.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
ype2a4ep.jpg

Never really thought about this until I saw the picture haha.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Sweet now I know which station to prank....

I smell some "life status questionable" dispatches at 0300 in the near future...get the whole station rollin'!

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Sweet now I know which station to prank....

I smell some "life status questionable" dispatches at 0300 in the near future...get the whole station rollin'!

:D

Pfft, we'll probably already be out on a run anyway :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Last undergrad class: done. Exams, bring 'em on. Graduation is soon...and currently looking for a volley squad in western NY to join or a service doing 911s for a PT gig (FT job is in financial analysis).

Here's a happy bulldog:
w8t840.jpg

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Well, that was the first field delivery I've been a part of. It was really less gross and more rewarding than I expected.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Well, that was the first field delivery I've been a part of. It was really less gross and more rewarding than I expected.

To this day, my favorite call ever is the one field delivery I've experienced. Absolutely awesome and something I'll always remember.