the 100% directionless thread

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
So we're in San Francisco until tomorrow. Came up yesterday for a concert tonight. Gonna go hit up a few landmarks maybe :p

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
3ada2e9e.jpg

Just the worst.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Are those for sale anywhere? I love it. We're heroes you know, not healthcare providers.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
On another note, we have a medic student on the truck today. He's been with us before and was very full of himself. Today he's asking for help understanding physiologic concepts and talking through calls with us. That's making for a much better day, and I love teaching whenever I can, as limited as my knowledge is. It helps me solidify what I know and read up on things I haven't covered lately.

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
That awkward moment when you've over estimated the charge level of your rig's battery and been posting for a long time that it no longer starts up....First dead battery mishap...and will be the last one too :rolleyes:

At least we found out it wouldn't start on a post move and not a call. Could have been a lot worse. -_-

JPINFV

Gadfly
That awkward moment when you've over estimated the charge level of your rig's battery and been posting for a long time that it no longer starts up....First dead battery mishap...and will be the last one too :rolleyes:

At least we found out it wouldn't start on a post move and not a call. Could have been a lot worse. -_-
Where's that picture of an ambulance jump starting another ambulance?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Recognize either of these medics n7?
sy9evy2u.jpg
ydy8yryh.jpg

BeachMedic

Forum Lieutenant
So next Friday i'm moving out of the state I've lived in my whole life.

Any of you people who have moved between places have any advice/tips for being the new guy in a new city/EMS system?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I moved to DE from WA to work as a medic. Just soak up the culture and don't offer up any of the "at my old job, we did..." kind of stuff unless someone asks you.

Enjoy the adventure in moving to a new place and starting over!

Last edited by a moderator:

BeachMedic

Forum Lieutenant
I moved to DE from WA to work as a medic. Just soak up the culture and don't offer up any of the "at my old job, we did..." kind of stuff unless someone asks you.

Enjoy the adventure in moving o a new place and starting over!

Looking forward to the adventure!

Should be interesting. Especially with the craigslist roommates I've never met in person lol.

I gotta watch the, "at my old job" talk as well as the, "on the mainland" talk.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
So next Friday i'm moving out of the state I've lived in my whole life.

Any of you people who have moved between places have any advice/tips for being the new guy in a new city/EMS system?

I just did the same thing, bizarrely enough from CO to DE. I'm still making adjustments every day with baby steps of progress some times, but keep at it! Keeping an open mind is important. Make some connections outside of work so you have a life and are able to enjoy the new area in your free time.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Decided on the college route today. Going with the EMS Admin- 3 year bachelor and since the first year is the same for paramedic, going to go with associate's paramedicine, so it only makes it 4 years for a bachelor's and an associate's. They have a bridge associate to bachelors online if I choose to go further later.
Going to go with the paramedic for the 2nd year, so I can work during years 3 and 4 and have some experience.
Then, of course, fire science :cool:
Only 5 more years... :wacko:
lol

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Congrats

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
There are 13 pairs of shoes in the entranceway; I just counted because I thought there were a lot but that there couldn't possibly be that many

Any guesses as to how many people and what gender they are at our house? :D

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
There are 13 pairs of shoes in the entranceway; I just counted because I thought there were a lot but that there couldn't possibly be that many

Any guesses as to how many people and what gender they are at our house? :D

1 female

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief

Ha! I figured somebody would say that, cliched but no.

The answer is two girls and two guys; it was three guys but now that Dr Room-mate is Mr Room-mate (he just became a Consultant General Surgeon) and topped $130,000 a year in pay well, he just had to buy a house didn't he?

Only two of the pairs are mine; one is pair of sandals and the other are my work boots; I might get a pair of slippers or something in winter but I will leave them up stairs.

What is it with chicks and shoes?