the 100% directionless thread

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
What is it with chicks and shoes?

My family, which is me, my fiancee Steve, and my mom and dad made a table at the front door out of 2 shoe towers. I have 3 pairs of shoes there, my work boots, tennis shoes, and dress sandals. My mom has the most shoes, I think about 5 pairs.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
My family, which is me, my fiancee Steve, and my mom and dad made a table at the front door out of 2 shoe towers. I have 3 pairs of shoes there, my work boots, tennis shoes, and dress sandals. My mom has the most shoes, I think about 5 pairs.

Let me rephrase; what is it with some chicks and shoes?

I have two, my male house mate has like two, so that leaves like eight or nine pairs to his girlfriend; I don't get it ....

I went back to work tonight to get the food I had left in the work fridge; everybody was like WTF ... blue watch is on! ... so after we established I was not in fact working, a couple of us went out back to catch up while they had a fag (I don't smoke)

Never mind shoes, what is it with health care people and smoking? I know so many who smoke and its like .... ironic?

We deal with people with heart disease, high blood pressure, cancer etc all day and they chose to smoke? WTF?

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I have like 10 pairs, haha. Never worn like 3 or 4 of them, though.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Let me rephrase; what is it with some chicks and shoes?

Actually, my mom cut down quite a few pairs of shoes, not by her choice though. My last cat and my mom hated each other with a passion, so when the cat decided it was time to die, she died on top of my mom's shoes. She probably threw out about 15 pairs.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Actually, my mom cut down quite a few pairs of shoes, not by her choice though. My last cat and my mom hated each other with a passion, so when the cat decided it was time to die, she died on top of my mom's shoes. She probably threw out about 15 pairs.

lol!!!

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
what is it with some chicks and shoes?

I have 4 pairs of shoes that I wear. My jump-boots that I wear for the rescue. A pair nicer-looking boots for when I need to dress up. A pair of black croc knock-offs for when I know my feet are going to get wet. The last pair are a pair of hand-painted leather clogs that my god-mother insisted on buying me because all of my footwear was practical. Those clogs are also the most expensive footwear I've ever owned, and I wouldn't have paid that much if I was buying them for myself. The jump-boots are the most expensive footwear I've ever bought for myself.

My god-mother is a shoe addict. She easily has well over 100 pairs of shoes in her closet. My sister wears the same size she does, and one day she gave my sister 20 pairs of shoes, and it hardly made a dent in her closet.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I have a lot of shoes for a guy :(

New work boots, old work boots, yard work boots, dirt bike boots, running shoes, casual shoes, dress shoes, and sandals. I think that is all haha

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief

You might want to make sure you keep your dress or anything wedding related out of reach of the cat, or any other thing with the ability to die then! :D

I am gonna get me a new pair of shoes for the gym which will bring my total pairs of shoes owned to .... 3

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
I have a lot of shoes for a guy :(

New work boots, old work boots, yard work boots, dirt bike boots, running shoes, casual shoes, dress shoes, and sandals. I think that is all haha

o.o I have... work boots, two pairs of sneakers, sandals, dress shoes, and running/gym shoes.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Two identical pairs of work boots...that's it for me.:p

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
I guess I'm that girl with all the shoes. 2 work boots, 3 ugg boots, 4 dressy boots, 5 heels, 2 toms, 1 snow boot, 4 flats, 2 Keens, 2 hiking boots and about 8 tennis shoes. :)

Anjel

Forum Angel
I used to have 25 pairs of flip flops but I tossed them.

Now I have 2 tennis shoes, clogs, and 3 work boots. Oh and 2 pairs of heels.

Ill be starting my flip flop collection again in a couple months.

Oh and I'm excited!!! It's gonna be 50 degrees tomorrow! BBQ!!!

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
You might want to make sure you keep your dress or anything wedding related out of reach of the cat, or any other thing with the ability to die then! :D

I am gonna get me a new pair of shoes for the gym which will bring my total pairs of shoes owned to .... 3

All I have to do with the current cat is put it about 4 feet off the ground. She will jump up on the bed and couch, but very rarely.... she's lazy.

Epi-do

I see dead people
All this talk about shoes is making me think I am the resident shoe hoarder. I recently got rid of around 20 pairs of shoes, and I think I still have 15-20 pairs in my closet. (And I just bought a new pair of really cute boots tonight.)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
All this talk about shoes is making me think I am the resident shoe hoarder. I recently got rid of around 20 pairs of shoes, and I think I still have 15-20 pairs in my closet. (And I just bought a new pair of really cute boots tonight.)

Time for an intervention? :p

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I'm pretty bad for a guy. I've got 2 pairs of work boots, hiking boots, 2 pairs of dress shoes, 2 pairs of skate/street shoes, bowling shoes, running shoes, and two pairs of sandals. And two pairs of slippers if were counting those.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Oh and I'm excited!!! It's gonna be 50 degrees tomorrow! BBQ!!!

It is so hot here; I am loving summer, so glad its lasting, I might go to the beach later in the week because I am swapping shifts with somebody so it means I get a weekday off when its not crowded but, its just so hot like its unbearable you just end up all hot, and sweaty and disgusting and having 2 showers a day and its just too hot!

Time for an intervention? :p

I would say so!

I just never found shoes that important or fashionable to be honest; my work boots I have had since I started at uni (4 years ago) and they are scuffed up beyond belief; I don't care and nobody else does .... will get another pair of gym shoes when I start going to the gym again.

The last pair of gym shoes I had were from China, cheap like $20, fell apart in about 2 months ...

All I have to do with the current cat is put it about 4 feet off the ground. She will jump up on the bed and couch, but very rarely.... she's lazy.

Ha! I just got a new slat bed, I am surprised how low to the ground they are compared to a box spring.

The cat I had as a kid only had three legs so used to jump up and use his two front legs to dig in and hold on because he only had one back leg and would leave these horrendous clawings in you, couch etc.

When do you get hitched? I had one friend from work and one from school getting married at the end of the year and I think I am going to be asked to be in the wedding party for one of them.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I hate shoes/boots/sandals. #Barefoot4life!

JPINFV

Gadfly
From a USMLE question bank.

"An 8-month old child is referred by a nurse practitioner due to..."

False... everyone knows that NPs are the functional equaliviant to physicians, thus they wouldn't need to refer patients to a physician. (It's a multiple choice question... thus "false" is not an option choice).

Also we have to do these modules for our peds rotation that is supposed to mimic a clinical encounter. Apparently in one universe, the emergency physician punts all pediatric patients directly to the on call pediatrician and paramedics will call a hospital (a second time, in this case) and ask to speak specifically to the on-call pediatrician.

So. Much. Hate.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
I hate shoes/boots/sandals. #Barefoot4life!

I think being bare feet when you have footwear is untidy; now in saying that if your shoes are full of water or something reasonable then that is fine; otherwise I don't go out in public in bare feet

From a USMLE question bank.

"An 8-month old child is referred by a nurse practitioner due to..."

False... everyone knows that NPs are the functional equaliviant to physicians, thus they wouldn't need to refer patients to a physician. (It's a multiple choice question... thus "false" is not an option choice).

Ha! I dont know about US but here NP is still quite restrictive; not all can prescribe and those that can can only prescribe a very limited number of drugs, within a specific scope and must have physician oversight.

There is another PA trial going on but that has drawn some severe backlash from the Resident Medical Officers Union and other like groups.

Also we have to do these modules for our peds rotation that is supposed to mimic a clinical encounter. Apparently in one universe, the emergency physician punts all pediatric patients directly to the on call pediatrician and paramedics will call a hospital (a second time, in this case) and ask to speak specifically to the on-call pediatrician.

Referring all paeds to the Paed/Paed Reg is a bit unnecessary; my friend of a friend is doing her ACEM paed logbook and she said its something like 500 paediatric workups/attendances required.

That second scenario I do not think is unwise; if you have a paediatric patient you need clinical advice on, well, who better to ask than a paediatrician or paediatric emergency physician?

I know if I rang up Starship/Kidz First and asked to speak to the Paed ED Reg they wouldn't mind

Back later, gone browsing :D

omds8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: