the 100% directionless thread

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Well there is stuff like the make the medics lay on the floor and do their assessments and the LPNs get beds.

But then the college itself does it as well. My friend was admitted to the program. Enrolled in classes. And a week into class he was kicked out because a LPN signed up late. So she got the class and he has to take it next semester maybe.

The way my timing works out, I may be able just to do a traditional BSN program in the same amount of time.

Unless they have a valid reason, that would be a lawsuit and a case being opened up to the accreditation boards for being discriminatory on their admissions.

Achilles

Forum Moron
First video with GoPro

[YOUTUBE]D54I68elK88[/YOUTUBE]

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Got a grant through my college to attend EMS Today in DC for free! Airfare and conference fee taken care of and I can stay with a friend in DC for free.

Of course I also got an invitation to test/interview with the place I really want to work this summer on the same day I leave. Grrr....

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
If you do all of the work to get your sibling a job in a well-respected ED, is it customary to take their first month's pay... :ph34r:

JPINFV

Gadfly

All of the reports I've seen so far says they're taking the officers to ARMC, but I haven't seen any helicopters yet. If I see the peds intern, I'm going to poke him since he has a voice pager for deliveries... the same voice pager the trauma activations/alerts go through.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
All of the reports I've seen so far says they're taking the officers to ARMC, but I haven't seen any helicopters yet. If I see the peds intern, I'm going to poke him since he has a voice pager for deliveries... the same voice pager the trauma activations/alerts go through.

The news was reporting that 2 helicopters landed at LLUMC and many law enforcement cars were arriving at LLUMC with lights and sirens and that security is very tight right now.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Haha... YES! We had our ambulance bay locked down for a time, but no one has landed yet and now almost everyone is gone. I guess that's the nice thing about not having a cardiothoracic service here.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Haha... YES! We had our ambulance bay locked down for a time, but no one has landed yet and now almost everyone is gone. I guess that's the nice thing about not having a cardiothoracic service here.

Is ARMC a level 1 or 2 trauma?

And LLUMC is closer to where all the action is going on (doesn't really make a difference when you are flying).

JPINFV

Gadfly
Level 2... mostly because we don't have a chest service from what I understand. We do have neuro and general surg residency, so we have surgeons (both residents and attendings) in house 24/7. In general, level 1 vs level 2 isn't going to make a destination difference anyways.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The pure amount of resources that California has for Law Enforcement/Fire/EMS is amazing.

Local ambulance company put together a strike team of ambulances who are responding up to the mountains.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
And possibly another sheriff officer killed in the shoot out

Haven't heard that yet on the live feed, but they haven't heard anything from the hospitals yet.

EDIT: They just mentioned it on the live feed...reportedly it was the officer transported to LLUMC.

Last edited by a moderator: