the 100% directionless thread

Sasha

Forum Chief
Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Mycrofft was rong

(haha).
I was taught by my teacher, Wilma Flintstone, to use an apostrophe after acronyms like EMT (EMT's) to denote a plural. That is no longer the case.

"Turabian (Chicago) allows for an apostrophe "only when an abbreviation contains internal periods or both capital and lowercase letters". The MLA is explicit "do not use an apostrophe to form the plural of an abbreviation". The APA is specific in "without an apostrophe".

Wikipedia said it, I believe it, that makes it so. Now to remember it!

Anjel

Forum Angel
About to get an IV started.on me 15 times.

Sounds like a good time.

And bring on the work.now.

Pharmacology ain't no joke. Dawg.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We have an EMT in the hospital due to her totaling her car on black ice last night :sad:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Best wishes to the blackiceskater

JPINFV

Gadfly
(haha).
I was taught by my teacher, Wilma Flintstone, to use an apostrophe after acronyms like EMT (EMT's) to denote a plural. That is no longer the case.

"Turabian (Chicago) allows for an apostrophe "only when an abbreviation contains internal periods or both capital and lowercase letters". The MLA is explicit "do not use an apostrophe to form the plural of an abbreviation". The APA is specific in "without an apostrophe".

Wikipedia said it, I believe it, that makes it so. Now to remember it!

I had to break myself of that habit a few years ago.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
So apparently my new nickname is "neonate"...

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

NJN

The Young One
Its supposed to rain tomorrow.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Yeah, my ambulance is now a jet...I feel the need, the need for speed.

c6e4dde3-a001-bd40.jpg

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Since when are neonates allowed to fly?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I was perfectly able to fit the words "wiggle wiggle" into a patient assessment today haha

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Since when are neonates allowed to fly?

Ya know ffemt, it's just a natural thing when you're this awesome.

@firefite: did they workout?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Ya know ffemt, it's just a natural thing when you're this awesome.

@firefite: did they workout?

You forgot to show us what the plane you were flying looked like, so I figured I'd do it for you.
Airplane.jpg

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
You forgot to show us what the plane you were flying looked like, so I figured I'd do it for you.
Airplane.jpg

It's in the picture ;)

@firefite: well that's odd, were they at least wearing a speedo?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I got my first complaint today. "It hurt when he started the IV".... The education coordinator at the ER almost fell over laughing. It was quite an escapade to watch the patient and her go back and forth.

"Ma'am it hurt because you wouldn't hold your arm still while he started it."
"No it hurt when he did, then I moved and he moved the needle in my arm and it hurt more!"
"Ma'am, if you feel the need to take this further I can supply you with the phone number to his program director but I will assure you she is not as nice or is she required to be nice to you. She will more than likely laugh at you."
"Give me her number!"

Text to me 15 minutes later from my director read: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, thank you for doing something that gave me a laugh today, I needed it."

Moral of the story: Don't move your freaking arm when someone is starting an IV, it hurts.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
People, people, always people. Just when I'm trying to think, people get in the way

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
USAF and I would like to announce our engagement. Anyone that wants details or invite, pm me.