the 100% directionless thread

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
It's that deuced left turn that gets most them, Smedrick!
8f0gpc5.jpg

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Now they're trying to put out a 200 gal jet fuel fire on the track.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I had a patient several months ago call for shortness of breath. As we walked up to her door, she literally jogged out and hopped on the stretcher and said "Let's go, I can't breathe". Needless to say, I took my time on scene to do a... thorough... assessment.

Clear lungs, 99% room air, 40 EtCO2, no dyspnea, etc etc etc. When I went to start an IV she said "Dont try, you ambulance drivers can never get it"....

So, off we went, me doing nothing but partaking in a staring contest. She started to complain that the ride was too bumpy because my partner was going too fast, so I asked him to slow down. 5 minutes later she said "It's taking too long, we should be there".

I said "Ma'am, you asked us to slow down"

"No need to be rude"

"Ma'am, I'm not being rude, I'm trying to figure out what you want us to do"

"Well why aren't you doing anything for my breathing?!"

"Because ma'am, you're having no trouble holding a conversation with me. If you'd like, I can knock you out and put a breathing tube in your throat, but I was trying real hard to avoid that"

People...

I hate rude people, especially when they are rude towards me when I am there to help them. I have the patience of an ant...make more than a few comments and you are going to get a talking to from me. Especially when I bend over backwards to be nice to people. I don't get paid enough to deal with it.

Usually something along the lines of "You called us, not the other way around, if your going to be rude I'd appreciate it if you just kept your mouth shut. I haven't done anything wrong to you, I'm here working to make you feel better. I can't kick you out but I sure can set the wheels in motion and shorten your leash at the ED if you bring it to that."

medic417

The Truth Provider
As Montoya makes a left he decides he has time to fire one up.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Letter in the mail from or general manager "boss" for an MCI in a difference county that I lead (fire chief called and wanted to tell the manager about me) and a letter of a patient who wanted to thank us personally for her transport. Plus a letter from the general manager an a Starbucks gift card.

I can't wait for the yearly review haha

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
So, I have over $540 in my old employers retirement fund, at MetLife. The rest of my 401(k) and IRAs are at Fidelity.

I can't for the life of me, figure out how the hell to rollover my money from MetLife to ANYONE. The option just is not there on the page! It's like they don't want me to or something?!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Caution? Again?

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Letter in the mail from or general manager "boss" for an MCI in a difference county that I lead (fire chief called and wanted to tell the manager about me) and a letter of a patient who wanted to thank us personally for her transport. Plus a letter from the general manager an a Starbucks gift card.

I can't wait for the yearly review haha

Nice work.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I wish the fortune tellers would make up their minds:

One weather report calls for 4 inches of snow over the next 3 days.
Another says 10-12 inches.
Another says 1-3 feet.

I have plans in the works that are being screwed with by the weather men!!!

JPINFV

Gadfly
Screw caution. Dangers the name of the game.

Apparently you missed the video posted earlier of the car rear ending a safety truck with a jet engine on it's back during a caution.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I stay as far away from NASCAR as humanly possible.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
How far is it to Daytona from there?

Last edited by a moderator:

ATrain

Forum Crew Member
I always thought NASCAR would be much more exciting if they didn't have cautions and made the drivers avoid the hazards on the track after a wreck.

I know it's tough to drive that hard for that long, but think about the viewing audience that would tune in just to watch the drivers have to slalom between bumpers, pieces of exhaust, chunks of tire?

THAT'S entertainment!

JPINFV

Gadfly
"Hello jet engine on a truck. My name is Juan Pablo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die"

...and this is why I love fark.com