the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
sorta slow lately

Well I cam to say hello and tell you that it's not the chatroom it's you, buttttttt you're not there. :ph34r:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I was on youtube

watching plane wrecks.

mycrofft

So, there I am.

allllll alone...

PS: my avatar is my picture from about four years ago.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief

mycrofft

NO, just random youtube.

I had not heard about the C-17 crash, resembled the famous Fairchild B-52 crash in that they were turning too tight near the ground for AIRSHOWS.

Want to see the sort of punishment modern fights can put piolots through, check out the F-22 Raptors demos. I watched one last year at California Capital Airshow , scary how many directions that thing can go without even leaving the airfield confines.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I actually don't like airshows all that much especially when the fighter jets come out. That's my cue to go inside. Too much noise, not enough interest....

mycrofft

I lived under air shows when I was USAF firefighter

In 1970's we could watch the shows going on overhead from the fire dept ON the flight line.
Last year, the new super light acrobat planes, the Raptor, all told me I'm an OLD MAN. Just plain unnatural, stalling and hanging there almost upside down, balancing on their thrust...nice use of taxpayer dollars.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah....even as someone who is designing his own aircraft as a hobby project, I still look at a lot of that and go "Why precisely is that worth bothering with?"

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Beat me to it. Although we do have a hott dispatcher. Too bad she hates my partner and loves to throw us to the dogs with central posting all the time :rolleyes:

She did apologize to me though. "Sorry your partner was a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: to me so you have to deal with my wrath." So I told her she could make it up to me by taking me out ;) Didn't go as well as I hoped haha

Weird, all of our dispatchers seem to love me. And one in particular seems to flirt with me whenever I call to get times ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Weird, all of our dispatchers seem to love me. And one in particular seems to flirt with me whenever I call to get times ;)

Teach me your ways.

Since we are on the subject of dispatchers, we had a run in with one of ours. We were in the ER after dropping off a patient, were not 10-8 our unit wasn't even clean yet and he drops tones for a priority 1 call on us. 4 minute chute time + 10 minute response time blew our 100% compliance as a system for the day and earned myself and my partner a writeup. Total, total, total crap but fine if there truly weren't any units available but supposedly there was a unit who had been at the ER for much longer than us at a different hospital that was equidistant from the call that got to sit around and were still there when we got there :wacko:

Then he did it a second time! Right after the first time he did it. Needless to say our supervisor got a very grumpy phone call from my partner about it. Work again on friday, we will see how it goes. Same dispatcher.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I love those times when dispatch tries to give us a call and our patient is literally still on the gurney.

Anjel

Forum Angel

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Teach me your ways.

Since we are on the subject of dispatchers, we had a run in with one of ours. We were in the ER after dropping off a patient, were not 10-8 our unit wasn't even clean yet and he drops tones for a priority 1 call on us. 4 minute chute time + 10 minute response time blew our 100% compliance as a system for the day and earned myself and my partner a writeup. Total, total, total crap but fine if there truly weren't any units available but supposedly there was a unit who had been at the ER for much longer than us at a different hospital that was equidistant from the call that got to sit around and were still there when we got there :wacko:

Then he did it a second time! Right after the first time he did it. Needless to say our supervisor got a very grumpy phone call from my partner about it. Work again on friday, we will see how it goes. Same dispatcher.

How is it your fault when youre in the middle of handing over care?

That is crap that yall get the write up.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Teach me your ways.

Unfortunately it's hard to teach someone to be this awesome. However, bringing snacks to dispatch could always help...but is it really worth it? :ph34r:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Parents bought all of us kids new mattresses/ box spring for Christmas, mine just came today. Much firmer than my last mattress, so don't know if I'll like it yet or not. Too bad I'm 18 hours from being able to sleep on it...

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I'm bored

IOmeme.png

Anjel

Forum Angel
Im spreading christmas cheer for all to hear.

ad6f9ec1-9013-a991.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just looked thru the thread where people post their pictures. It's extremely weird. I had an image in my mind about what the posters looked like and then to actually see their picture was completely different haha.