the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Awesome. You'll love Whitney if you get the chance to go up there. It kind of kicked my butt but I wasn't in the best of shape when I went and was the weakest of our group, but I survived. And it started snowing as we made it to the top =) Baden Powell is a good hike. It's up in Wrightwood. I've done it a few times. 8 miles round trip with about 2800 ft in elevation gain. I haven't done San Jacinto but that is on my list to do sometime soon.

For San Jacinto there is normally 2 ways people hike it. The first way is start at the bottom and hike all the way up (distance and elevation gain im not sure of). And the second way is they will take the palm springs airial tramway up and then hike to the peak (roughly 3 miles).

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go!

Anjel

Forum Angel

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
That sucks. I liked reading his posts.

Took the words right outta my mouth. Some people need to grow a thicker skin...just my opinion though.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Looks like a white Christmas Eve for us tomorrow as we travel to west Texas. I cant wait, this will be so much fun and my choco lab dog's first chance to really play in snow.

Down side is we are now taking the gas guzzling Land Cruiser. Beats getting stuck though. 11 more hours and Im done for a week.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Two adjacent NPR headlines this AM:

1. Eddie Veder turns 47.
2. French breast implants recalled because they were filled wit industrial instead of medical grade silicone; used in Europe and South America.
Is there some sort of weirdness at work today?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
NOT A THREAD, but.......

Aren't some EMTLIFE nicknames a little better than others?:)

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Took the words right outta my mouth. Some people need to grow a thicker skin...just my opinion though.

Nope, I completely agree. Most people got so up in a huff about reading his posts that they didn't even bother to look at the educational content. It's a shame, once you got past the "gruff" exterior he's a pretty cool guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My partner refuses to listen to anything but Christmas music today...the only thing we have found that we disagree on was discovered this morning lol. Other than that he's a cool dude, a supervisor and my FTO to boot :ph34r:

Nope, I completely agree. Most people got so up in a huff about reading his posts that they didn't even bother to look at the educational content. It's a shame, once you got past the "gruff" exterior he's a pretty cool guy.

Exactly, to all the CLs out there I'm not trying to make waves but bad call. We lost a great resource of info. I'm glad I still have access to that knowledge unlike the majority of the folks here.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
My partner refuses to listen to anything but Christmas music today...the only thing we have found that we disagree on was discovered this morning lol. Other than that he's a cool dude, a supervisor and my FTO to boot :ph34r:

Exactly, to all the CLs out there I'm not trying to make waves but bad call. We lost a great resource of info. I'm glad I still have access to that knowledge unlike the majority of the folks here.

That's all my FTO has been listening to for the past couple of weeks, it's been driving me crazy.

Agreed. But like you I'm lucky enough to have access to his knowledge outside of the forums.

Anjel

Forum Angel
That's all my FTO has been listening to for the past couple of weeks, it's been driving me crazy.

Agreed. But like you I'm lucky enough to have access to his knowledge outside of the forums.

I love Christmas music! Its been on since thanksgiving.

And me and steve are like this *crosses fingers*

Not extremely like that no worries kat lol

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I love Christmas music! Its been on since thanksgiving.

And me and steve are like this *crosses fingers*

Not extremely like that no worries kat lol

There is only one Christmas song I like, and that is Christmas in Sarajevo.

But, I thought we were like that :(

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
The only time I like Christmas music is on Christmas, that's about it. Although the Trans Siberian Orchestra is pretty freakin awesome.

Anjel

Forum Angel
There is only one Christmas song I like, and that is Christmas in Sarajevo.

But, I thought we were like that :(

We are much closer my dear.

Sasha

Forum Chief

I will preface this by saying, I like usaf generally.

BUT... Many of us have been told to tone down our "gruff"ness and have. He was warned a bunch of times to do the same and refused.

I will miss him on the forum same as anyone else but he is smart enough to know you can't keep doing the same thing and hoping for a different result. He was warned to tone it down, he didn't. He knew it was coming.

Do I think some people are too sensitive? Absolutely. Do I think some mods are kind of jerkish about the way they enforce and interpet their rules? Yes and I've said so. But usaf has to hold some accountability here.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Most people got so up in a huff about reading his posts that they didn't even bother to look at the educational content.

This is exactly why his presence here is counter productive. As soon as he posts in a thread, that thread is effectively dead. People were either afraid of being verbally lashed for disagreeing with him or like me just couldn't be bothered to argue with him and so avoided him. Haven't you noticed how very few new posters with his replies post again? People come to this forum to ask questions. He is supposed to be a mentor and teacher and you can't be that if your students don't ask questions out of fear of being belittled and attacked.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Haven't you noticed how very few new posters with his replies post again?

You can't blame that on him. The vast majority of people who join this forum, like most forums, only post a handful of times before moving on. Infact, having over 100 posts, let alone 1,000, is in the very small minority of most forums.