the 100% directionless thread

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Brown has told Mrs Brown to not lend out her DVDs :D ....

Yes, I have been told I'm a pretty good actress. I convinced you to marry me, didn't I?;)

JPINFV

Gadfly
The officer only put it as a traffic infraction. So I just have to pay the fine (don't know the amount but probably pretty high) and then online traffic school so I don't get any points on my record.

Negative. You submit an informal motion of discovery to the county DA (assuming it was CHP, the county DA is the prosecutor of record). County DA ignores it, so you submit a motion to compel discovery through the court, which if you're lucky the county DA also ignores. You then submit a motion to suppress everything not provided in discovery. Then submit a motion to dismiss due to insufficient evidence.

Also, if you do an initial trial by declaration (mail), still show up for your arraignment (initial date to appear) in person because if your court date is 45 days after your arraignment then you have grounds for dismissal under California's speedy trial law (since a speeding ticket is an infraction, not a civil offense).

JPINFV

Gadfly
Yes, I have been told I'm a pretty good actress. I convinced you to marry me, didn't I?;)
[this.thread.is.worthless.without.pics.gif]

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Negative. You submit an informal motion of discovery to the county DA (assuming it was CHP, the county DA is the prosecutor of record). County DA ignores it, so you submit a motion to compel discovery through the court, which if you're lucky the county DA also ignores. You then submit a motion to suppress everything not provided in discovery. Then submit a motion to dismiss due to insufficient evidence.

Also, if you do an initial trial by declaration (mail), still show up for your arraignment (initial date to appear) in person because if your court date is 45 days after your arraignment then you have grounds for dismissal under California's speedy trial law (since a speeding ticket is an infraction, not a civil offense).

Or he does what he should do and take responsibility for his actions. He shouldn't be a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: and try to get out of something that he did by breaking the law. He chose to break the law, he did break the law, and he got caught. He is being mature and owning up to it and suffering the consequences.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
The officer only put it as a traffic infraction. So I just have to pay the fine (don't know the amount but probably pretty high) and then online traffic school so I don't get any points on my record.
Dammit, I keep reading that as traffic infarction...I need more sleep :p

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Or he does what he should do and take responsibility for his actions. He shouldn't be a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: and try to get out of something that he did by breaking the law. He chose to break the law, he did break the law, and he got caught. He is being mature and owning up to it and suffering the consequences.

I didn't choose to break the law. I was going down a steep hill, at the top of it I was going 70mph which was the speed limit. I looked at my phone to figure out where I was going and next thing I know I look up and I'm going 95. I start to slow down and by the time he turned his lights on I was back down to 70mph. But yeah I was speeding so I am going to pay the probably $600-$800 fine and get the points off my record.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I didn't choose to break the law. I was going down a steep hill, at the top of it I was going 70mph which was the speed limit. I looked at my phone to figure out where I was going and next thing I know I look up and I'm going 95. I start to slow down and by the time he turned his lights on I was back down to 70mph. But yeah I was speeding so I am going to pay the probably $600-$800 fine and get the points off my record.

By choosing to break your concentration of driving, and becoming distracted, does that not in turn make it your choice that you broke the law? Not saying I haven't done it before, but the decisions you made leading up to the incident caused you to break the law.

And honestly, how long were you looking down to have a 33mph increase without noticing?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
By choosing to break your concentration of driving, and becoming distracted, does that not in turn make it your choice that you broke the law? Not saying I haven't done it before, but the decisions you made leading up to the incident caused you to break the law.

And honestly, how long were you looking down to have a 33mph increase without noticing?

In my view it's different if you accidentally did it over knowingly did it. Either way it's still breaking the law.

And it didn't take much time actually. I glance at the navigation then I glance over the road to make sure I'm still in my lane and there are no hazards around me then I will glance at the navigation again. But I normally don't look at any of the gauges on my truck when doing that. It was a 29mph increase that took maybe 1 min 30sec max.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief

Honestly, I'm all for living up to your mistakes, but the state still has a responsibility to prove its case.

RiceMedic

Forum Ride Along
Why do they call the flexible catheter "French tip?" Are they suppose flexible like the French? Are the French even flexible?

Anjel

Forum Angel
Why do they call the flexible catheter "French tip?" Are they suppose flexible like the French? Are the French even flexible?

I like your reasoning better lmao

saskvolunteer

Forum Lieutenant
Usually I'm a guy with a 100% military crewcut. Yesterday, we'll say in a moment of wisdom, I shaved it all off. Definitely different being bald..

Sent from my pencil and paper.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
86 questions and I was booted. So we shall see how it goes.

86 questions, at least 15 of which had to do with vaginal bleeding. *SERIOUS rolleyes going on here.

Sent from a small, handheld electronic device that somehow manages to consume vast amounts of my time. Also know as a smart phone.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown: Hmm, Brown is hungry
Mrs Brown: boy if you come to me and be like Kate, make me a sammich I'm gonna slap you
Brown: Um, so can Brown have something else ... thats not a sandwhich?
Mrs Brown: if you want a knife thrust into your chest, yes
Brown: Hmm ...

Brown is hungee and doesn't know what to do, when Brown called 111 they said they wouldn't help, um .... :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I forgot that the muffler on the lawnmower is hot. Now I have a lovely partial thickness burn across my entire palm.