the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I've got almost a week off work. Busted shoulder from our ambulance losing control and rolling over 3 times.

:censored::censored::censored::censored:! You ok other than the shoulder?!

WVEmt

Forum Crew Member
:censored::censored::censored::censored:! You ok other than the shoulder?!

Bruised sternum from he seat belt. Parter had glass in her eye and a cut on her hand. Trainee we had in the back is has a nice black eye. Thank God for seat belts. lol

Lola99

Forum Lieutenant
Bruised sternum from he seat belt. Parter had glass in her eye and a cut on her hand. Trainee we had in the back is has a nice black eye. Thank God for seat belts. lol

Ick. We had a rollover over the summer here. Drunk driver hit doing 80+...
Seat belts:)
Good luck with that.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I've got almost a week off work. Busted shoulder from our ambulance losing control and rolling over 3 times.

Oh crap!!! No one was seriously injured, were they? How you doing? Yea, thank God for seat belts.

When I was in my rollover accident, I credit my seatbelt for saving my life. Stuff from the vehicle was scattered all over the place after having gone out the windows. It could have easily been me. I had a nice bruise across my lap and hips from the belt, but that was it.

Man, you lucky! Three times? Loud inside while that was going on?

WVEmt

Forum Crew Member
Oh crap!!! No one was seriously injured, were they? How you doing? Yea, thank God for seat belts.

When I was in my rollover accident, I credit my seatbelt for saving my life. Stuff from the vehicle was scattered all over the place after having gone out the windows. It could have easily been me. I had a nice bruise across my lap and hips from the belt, but that was it.

Eh no serious injuries. Vehicle in the opposite lane crossed into our so my partner swerved to miss it. Hit a ditch, lost control, rolled 3 times. Took out a phone line pole. MY partner handled it well. She avoided hitting another vehicle while we were sliding. Managed to land on our wheels. Truck is totaled but it did its job. All 3 of us were up and walking by time fire and another ambulance got on scene. I've got physical therapy starting Monday for my shoulder and light duty till Jan. 4. Everyone thats seen the ambulance said we were as lucky as can be that we walked away from it.

I remember just about everything. It was pretty loud. Remember when we started the 3rd rollover I was thinking omfg are you serious? Another rollover? lol

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
Eh no serious injuries. Vehicle in the opposite lane crossed into our so my partner swerved to miss it. Hit a ditch, lost control, rolled 3 times. Took out a phone line pole. MY partner handled it well. She avoided hitting another vehicle while we were sliding. Managed to land on our wheels. Truck is totaled but it did its job. All 3 of us were up and walking by time fire and another ambulance got on scene. I've got physical therapy starting Monday for my shoulder and light duty till Jan. 4. Everyone thats seen the ambulance said we were as lucky as can be that we walked away from it.

I remember just about everything. It was pretty loud. Remember when we started the 3rd rollover I was thinking omfg are you serious? Another rollover? lol

Any pictures or news coverage so we can check out the aftermath?

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief

Crap what is it today.. I was involved in a accident today responding to a structure fire... Luckily NO ONE was injured other than me slightly. I have a bruised muscle on my right lateral side below the ribs.

8jimi8

CFRN
Dominated the balloon pump last night. I love loving my job.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief

not just seat belts, but air bags for me today...

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

Wow. Thank God y'all are ok.

I remember thinking almost the same exact thing in my wreck. Except it was a flat spin before the rollover. I spun a good 5 times before I rolled. By the third spin it was like, oh crap. By the forth I was thinking you have got to be kidding me. By the fifth I was sure I was going to die. Then it rolled.

You know what, we had almost the same thing happen to one of our crews. It was like 0300 on a two lane undivided US highway. Someone shut off their headlights and swerved right in front of the amb. The EMT driving took the rig off the road, but luckily the shoulder at that place was fairly hard gravel and she brought it right back on the road. Anywhere else for like 10 miles there is a ditch, just this one like quarter mile stretch had none. They were really lucky. The cops later found the guy based on the crew's description of the vehicle. He had been involved in an MVA and stated that he was trying to kill himself and saw the amb and knew it would do him in if he hit it head on. :-S

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Everyone please be careful. We've already have 2 LODDs this week and one serious injury to an EMT. We don't need to be adding any of ya'll to the list!

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Everyone please be careful. We've already have 2 LODDs this week and one serious injury to an EMT. We don't need to be adding any of ya'll to the list!

I dont think any of us are going out trying to get added to the list.

WVEmt

Forum Crew Member
Any pictures or news coverage so we can check out the aftermath?

I haven't been able to find anything online about it. In the CAD media log they had it listed as a vehicle not an ambulance. I've got a newspaper clipping I need to get scanned. My supervisor has pics of it. I'll get them on Monday.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown is just finshing work .... what a bloody waste of time that was, as if Brown did not have better things to do scurge of the bloody earth mate seriously

*Brown snuggles up to Mrs Brown and waits to get elbowed in the ribs

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
It's official, I'm a full NM EMT-I. Passed the test with a 90%. Then again, it was an easy test.
Now to run up to Carlsbad on Tuesday and see if they need PRN peoples.
IMAG0205.jpg

Have I mentioned I love my home state's EMS patches more than any I've ever seen

AustinNative

Forum Crew Member
it's official, i'm a full nm emt-i. Passed the test with a 90%. Then again, it was an easy test.
Now to run up to carlsbad on tuesday and see if they need prn peoples.
imag0205.jpg

have i mentioned i love my home state's ems patches more than any i've ever seen

congratulation!!! Wooo!

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
It's official, I'm a full NM EMT-I. Passed the test with a 90%. Then again, it was an easy test.
Now to run up to Carlsbad on Tuesday and see if they need PRN peoples.
IMAG0205.jpg

Have I mentioned I love my home state's EMS patches more than any I've ever seen

pretty cool patch