the 100% directionless thread

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
The truck must be in menopause, it gives us random blasts of hot air from the AC.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

medic417

The Truth Provider
The truck must be in menopause, it gives us random blasts of hot air from the AC.

Or are you in menopause?:p

IWantToBeAnEmt

Forum Ride Along
Can i?

I am a convicted felon. It is very difficult for people in my situation to find work, especially work that they might enjoy. I'm interested in becoming an Emt, but I was convicted of felony battery back in 2005. I live in Florida and I was wondering if if my conviction will stop me from becoming an Emt. If anyone has any information that will help me I will be more than grateful.
Thanks

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Are the women allowed to take their pants off???

I totally would, and do. And there's a guy at my station who stripped to his boxer briefs at bedtime. I'm too old and married to care.

I do make sure and wear extremely plain underwear, though. LOL.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Made it safe and sound to AL. I wish BBG was my flight attendent.

The argument that broke out would of been much more amusing lol

Sasha

Forum Chief
I am a convicted felon. It is very difficult for people in my situation to find work, especially work that they might enjoy. I'm interested in becoming an Emt, but I was convicted of felony battery back in 2005. I live in Florida and I was wondering if if my conviction will stop me from becoming an Emt. If anyone has any information that will help me I will be more than grateful.
Thanks

Hopefully. Nothing personal but those who commit violent crimes or theft should not be in health care.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Think I just scraped off 50 pounds of mud and dirt from underneath my truck and in the rear bumper.

crazycajun

Forum Captain
Hopefully. Nothing personal but those who commit violent crimes or theft should not be in health care.

^^^^^ This. No offense but battery is battery and you were convicted of felony battery which is pretty bad IMO and something not needed in health care.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
:sprays troll repellant around thread"

Sorry folks I've been out of town.

Flightorbust

Forum Lieutenant

So I shouldnt work EMS huh? Do you believe people can change? I was convicted of theft and felony menacing with a handgun (felony later dismissed after deferred sentence) in 2005. I have then worked with special needs adults, Developmentally delayed children and at risk youth. Im no longer the same person I was then.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
6 runs for gunshots have gone out in 2 hours. The city is going to hell.

saskvolunteer

Forum Lieutenant
So I shouldnt work EMS huh? Do you believe people can change? I was convicted of theft and felony menacing with a handgun (felony later dismissed after deferred sentence) in 2005. I have then worked with special needs adults, Developmentally delayed children and at risk youth. Im no longer the same person I was then.

Theft and *felony* menacing with a handgun. Nah, you shouldn't be anywhere near EMS. Not for another decade at least. Good for you at turning your life around, but there are plenty of non-felonious and fully qualified EMT's and Medics out there who can fill the spot.

---
- Sent from my pencil and paper.

Sasha

Forum Chief

Some people can change... some people can fool you into thinking they've changed for awhile. No way to know the difference until crap hits the fan and then it's too late. I don't want to present that chance. We deal with vulnerable people who put their trust in us.

When you chose to break the law, you chose to give up some opportunities and rights.

So no, personally I don't think you should work EMS.

Flightorbust

Forum Lieutenant
I get what you guys see. The problem is this. Too many people look at the charges and not an entire situation. I openly admit I was wrong. The theft was just young and dumb. Nothing else. But the menicing was we were looking for a friends daughter (15 at the time) who we were told was bieng drugged and raped while the police brushed off the mother. I pulled my fire arm when I thought some one was reaching for one. Was I wrong? yes. But it did cause her to be dropped off at her mothers house. Besides, What happend to paying your dept? I have done that several times over. Like I said as well. It was dismissed after I completed the differed sentence and the state says that I can be certified. They look at the cases and situations ontop of what you have done since then.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Not in this thread, guys!
But while we're on the subject, I'm told that one of our crews picking up a patient on a secure correctional floor ran into a bit of a problem. One of the EMTs had a sudden attack of conscience while filling out the register and wrote "yes" in the "Are you a felon" box. He didn't get in. I wouldn't have wanted to explain that one to dispatch, or the COs.

(there's another lesson here: if you're worried about pre-employment CORI, I know just the place to apply...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
I get what you guys see. The problem is this. Too many people look at the charges and not an entire situation. I openly admit I was wrong. The theft was just young and dumb. Nothing else. But the menicing was we were looking for a friends daughter (15 at the time) who we were told was bieng drugged and raped while the police brushed off the mother. I pulled my fire arm when I thought some one was reaching for one. Was I wrong? yes. But it did cause her to be dropped off at her mothers house. Besides, What happend to paying your dept? I have done that several times over. Like I said as well. It was dismissed after I completed the differed sentence and the state says that I can be certified. They look at the cases and situations ontop of what you have done since then.

That is all well and good, but again.. you committed two different crimes.

Personally, I don't feel you should be an EMT. That's my personal opinion and I'm entitled to it. If you want to go and be changed in some other profession, have at it.

But not health care.

I know I personally wouldn't trust my stuff around you if you were my partner knowing you were previously charged with theft, much less a vulnerable patient's valuables.

That being said, my "theft" story. When I was little, I stole pogs (and I think a slammer) out of a fish bowl at a grocery store. I felt sooooo guilty about it the next time I went to that store I put them back.

Flightorbust

Forum Lieutenant
That is all well and good, but again.. you committed two different crimes.

Personally, I don't feel you should be an EMT. That's my personal opinion and I'm entitled to it. If you want to go and be changed in some other profession, have at it.

But not health care.

I know I personally wouldn't trust my stuff around you if you were my partner knowing you were previously charged with theft, much less a vulnerable patient's valuables.

That being said, my "theft" story. When I was little, I stole pogs (and I think a slammer) out of a fish bowl at a grocery store. I felt sooooo guilty about it the next time I went to that store I put them back.

So then by your own admission you shouldnt be trusted with some ones stuff correct? You admitted to theft. Granted you didnt get caught and I did. So on the theft part alone your better then me how? Like I said I was in the wrong then and stand by that. But most people who know me have no idea I have been convicted of anything nor do most believe me when I tell that. IMO thats extreamly closed minded to say that some one cant change and better themselves. Besides like I said. The law is based off of paying your debt to society. Thats been paid