the 100% directionless thread

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
So then by your own admission you shouldnt be trusted with some ones stuff correct? You admitted to theft. Granted you didnt get caught and I did. So on the theft part alone your better then me how? Like I said I was in the wrong then and stand by that. But most people who know me have no idea I have been convicted of anything nor do most believe me when I tell that. IMO thats extreamly closed minded to say that some one cant change and better themselves. Besides like I said. The law is based off of paying your debt to society. Thats been paid

I can't answer for Sasha but from my own point of view, I consider Sasha to be more trustworthy than you at this point, judging solely on the information presented in this thread. She stole something when she was a child, and self-corrected her crime. First of all, kids do things that adults wouldn't do. They haven't learned quite yet the consequences of their actions and how they affect others. That's why courts usually treat juvenile offenders differently from adults, and seal juvenile records when they become adults, so the stupid things they did as kids don't come back to haunt the hopefully more mature adults. Secondly, she did come to realize on her own that she did something wrong, and she corrected her mistake.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Why can't media outlets just report the d@mn news and let me put my own editorial bent on it (this goes for right and left wing)?

And for that matter, why can't our "leaders" (using the term loosely) on both sides of the aisle grow the hell up, stop making everything black and white and realize there must be comprise to work?!?

[/rant]...I've gotta go get those young whippersnappers off my lawn now...

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Merlin is a badass.

Sasha

Forum Chief
So then by your own admission you shouldnt be trusted with some ones stuff correct? You admitted to theft. Granted you didnt get caught and I did. So on the theft part alone your better then me how? Like I said I was in the wrong then and stand by that. But most people who know me have no idea I have been convicted of anything nor do most believe me when I tell that. IMO thats extreamly closed minded to say that some one cant change and better themselves. Besides like I said. The law is based off of paying your debt to society. Thats been paid

Oh sweetheart that was my attempt to lighten the thread a bit, i was like seven. I hardly think that even compares to stealing something and being charged with theft or threatening someone with a gun.

Like i said, sure people can change but lots of people claim to change and don't. And you cant tell the difference between the two til something goes down, and our patients dont deserve being put unnecessarily at that risk.

Im really sorry you made such poor life choices, and im glad you felt you changed, but it does not change my opinion on the matter.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Are the women allowed to take their pants off???

Yes.

I haven't ever seen it happen but I haven't been sleeping in that long. But I've been told (when I asked someone else, specifically to have an answer to this question) that it has happened.

And that it's no big deal for anyone.

Flightorbust

Forum Lieutenant
I can't answer for Sasha but from my own point of view, I consider Sasha to be more trustworthy than you at this point, judging solely on the information presented in this thread. She stole something when she was a child, and self-corrected her crime. First of all, kids do things that adults wouldn't do. They haven't learned quite yet the consequences of their actions and how they affect others. That's why courts usually treat juvenile offenders differently from adults, and seal juvenile records when they become adults, so the stupid things they did as kids don't come back to haunt the hopefully more mature adults. Secondly, she did come to realize on her own that she did something wrong, and she corrected her mistake.
I completely understand this and have to prove myself on a regular basis. TBO Im ok with this. I understand that is what I have to do because of my record. It is what it is. Im used to having to prove myself. Its nothing new to me and have no issues doing exactly that to show im not just a bunch of words. You are incorrect on one thing tho. Atleast here in Colorado Your juvi record is not automatically sealed and can transfer over into your adult life. There is a charge called possession of a handgun by a previous offender juvenile.
Oh sweetheart that was my attempt to lighten the thread a bit, i was like seven. I hardly think that even compares to stealing something and being charged with theft or threatening someone with a gun.

Like i said, sure people can change but lots of people claim to change and don't. And you cant tell the difference between the two til something goes down, and our patients dont deserve being put unnecessarily at that risk.

Im really sorry you made such poor life choices, and im glad you felt you changed, but it does not change my opinion on the matter.

I understand that it was an attempt to lighten it all. My point was more of the fact that no one is perfect and we have all made mistakes. I like you do regret the mistakes I have made in the past. I only wish you could look past the "Felon" label. I agree that too many people try to pretend to be some one they are not. I just hope some day you can look past a persons past and see who they truely are. For better or worse

Last edited by a moderator:

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
You are incorrect on one thing tho. Atleast here in Colorado Your juvi record is not automatically sealed and can transfer over into your adult life. There is a charge called possession of a handgun by a previous offender juvenile.

I do not know the technicalities of it but I believe in many states a juvenile record is automatically sealed. Of course there are always exceptions, and a judge can allow certain things in a juvenile record to come out in an adult case if it's relevant. For example, if a young man was convicted in a juvenile court at 15 y/o of illegal possession of a firearm, then is charged at 18 with brandishing of a firearm, then the judge might allow the juvenile incident to come out. On the other hand if the juvenile record was for shoplifting and the adult charge is for firearms, the judge might not let the juvenile incident out because it isn't relevant, and doesn't show the person is predisposed to firearms crimes.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Edited cause i need better readig comprehension.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
So on subject. Im not liking it.

On to the next class. Bring on the.nerve gas!!!!

I thought it was funny when the instructor said we were playing with serin on wednesday

txquty

Forum Ride Along
Wow!

For a totally directionless thread there are oodles of posts! Kudos to the person who started this! :rofl:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
So on subject. Im not liking it.

On to the next class. Bring on the.nerve gas!!!!

I thought it was funny when the instructor said we were playing with serin on wednesday

I was always more of a tech rescue junkie than a hazmat guy. At least you could SEE what was going to kill you when playing with ropes.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Ran 4 miles. Now I will reboot laundry and take the people to swimming lessons. After I feed them lunch and clean that up. Looking forward to a day at work tomorrow...I could use a break.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
So I'm lying in my bed here at the station with an 18 in my left ac and a 1000 bag of ns hanging from the ceiling tile. I got so freaking dehydrated this weekend. Maybe this'll fix me. Anyhow, thought you all might get a laugh.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
my juvi record had nothing to do with a weapon or violence. It was more just to point it out

And what I was saying had nothing to do with you specifically. It was generic examples.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
So I'm lying in my bed here at the station with an 18 in my left ac and a 1000 bag of ns hanging from the ceiling tile. I got so freaking dehydrated this weekend. Maybe this'll fix me. Anyhow, thought you all might get a laugh.

Healer heal thyself

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
There was 3 shootings within 48 hours within 1 mile of the college campus, two being right on the edge of campus....

The girlie goes to college there and lives in the dorm that one of the victims was a victim of a drive-by at the front entrance. I'm not liking this.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
^^^^ Rob, not cool at all! What school is this now? I have not heard anything.

Healer heal thyself

Working on it. I took on 1500 ml through the IV. Not I'm nursing a half gallon of 50/50 Gatorade/water. I don't see how I got so dehydrated. I know better! I've spent days out in heat and humidity before. Then Two days at a Drill and I feel like this. I must have drank a gallon and a half over Saturday and Sunday too. :-S Oh well.

Sent from a small, handheld electronic device that somehow manages to consume vast amounts of my time. Also know as a smart phone.