the 100% directionless thread

JPINFV

Gadfly
It amazes me that the general public think that EMTs and Medics make a lot of money.

The general public also thinks that the people on the ambulance have an exciting job that only deals with emergencies and that those people are highly educated professionals, not just 120 hours or 1000 hours post secondary training. I wonder how many people would call an ambulance if they knew just how little training and education the average EMS provider has.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The general public also thinks that the people on the ambulance have an exciting job that only deals with emergencies and that those people are highly educated professionals, not just 120 hours or 1000 hours post secondary training. I wonder how many people would call an ambulance if they knew just how little training and education the average EMS provider has.

I believe that alot of them still would call. Even if we only have 120 hours of training it's still more then Joe Q. Citizen. You know how much training EMS providers have so would you call them if something bad happened? I know I would.

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Ok, that song, Papa Loved Mama.....don't get the papa and mama mixed up on the second to last line of the chorus. :p

One of my co-workers was singing away the other day, quietly, but still loud enough to be heard. What the rest of us heard was "Mama loved papa, papa loved men....mamas in the graveyard papas in the pen." Took me five minutes to stop laughing. Oh my gosh....the gal singing it will never live that down. :p

Sounds like papa got what he wanted, in the end.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
This shift is going to drag by... and so is the drive tonight to Albuquerque...

Sasha

Forum Chief

Haha, my date from last night was like "You make how much? REALLY? GIRL REALLY?.. Maaaan I thought EMTs and Paramedics got paid maaaaad money. They're really smart, right?"

"Well... actually..."

Sasha

Forum Chief
Ok, that song, Papa Loved Mama.....don't get the papa and mama mixed up on the second to last line of the chorus. :p

One of my co-workers was singing away the other day, quietly, but still loud enough to be heard. What the rest of us heard was "Mama loved papa, papa loved men....mamas in the graveyard papas in the pen." Took me five minutes to stop laughing. Oh my gosh....the gal singing it will never live that down. :p

Ahhh. The other day we had a patient who didn't want to go to the SNF, we tried calling it rehab, no go... I mean she still went because she was confused, but we felt bad.

However after the call I started to sing Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" and it has been stuck in my head ever since.

"They tried to make me go to rehab I said 'No, no, no' "

Bahahaha

medic417

The Truth Provider
This shift is going to drag by... and so is the drive tonight to Albuquerque...

Just go tell your boss your quiting heres my 2 week notice and maybe he will just tell you to leave now. I know a number of places that immediately remove you when 2 week notice given.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Ahhh. The other day we had a patient who didn't want to go to the SNF, we tried calling it rehab, no go... I mean she still went because she was confused, but we felt bad.

However after the call I started to sing Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" and it has been stuck in my head ever since.

"They tried to make me go to rehab I said 'No, no, no' "

Bahahaha

So you need rehab? :wacko:

Glad you had a great date.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm working this shift as a favor to a friend. She's out of town so I will just wait to put my notice in until I actually sign the paperwork for the new job...
Just go tell your boss your quiting heres my 2 week notice and maybe he will just tell you to leave now. I know a number of places that immediately remove you when 2 week notice given.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommerag

What day is it?
So I'm getting on a wambulance the beginning of April :) also was told by an instructor I would probably be able to get a FT job where he works part time when my class is done.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFNwBA4x7ek[/YOUTUBE]

I love The Shawshank Redemption.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
A shirt I just bought has a tag saying "extra large, slim fit." Um... what?

Sasha

Forum Chief
Means its form fitting.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Does anyone know if avatar photos need to be approved cuz I put mine up last night but it doesn't seem to want to display. grrr

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Does anyone know if avatar photos need to be approved cuz I put mine up last night but it doesn't seem to want to display. grrr

Mine didn't need to be approved. Perhaps, it is a size issue. Did you get a message saying it was too large?

Also you did click the save button, correct?

bigbaldguy

Mine didn't need to be approved. Perhaps, it is a size issue. Did you get a message saying it was too large?

I'm pretty sure I covered everything. It shows up on my profile page but isn't showing up in my posts. Wouldn't be the first time I missed a step though. I'll try a different pic. thanks

bigbaldguy

Not sure what I screwed up the first time but I just went back through each step and now it's there so your right it must have been user error :)