the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I hope I’m not the only one who read this in the dramatic futurama voice

08df3a6d5649c3d96dee2360a0da3576.jpeg

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Going to the Eagles game. 8 of us crammed into the back of one of our boxes.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I have two part time ambulance jobs. One is with AMR, the other with a mountain/rural service. AMR pays me a lot (36/hr minimum) and lets me build my own shifts so long as I work one day per month. It's busy urban EMS and we work pretty hard and have to put up with a pretty dumb ALS FD with scene control. The mountain job is 24s (too far to drive for anything less) and pays only 20/hr. But I get to do cool stuff (RSI, vents, lots of meds, backcountry, etc) with lots of my friends.

By 2022 I feel I need to only have one. It stresses me out to have this much obligation. But how am I going to pick?
Sounds like my gig, but I don't make $36/hr. lol More like $25/hr. But hours 1-8 are normal time, 8-12 are overtime, anything above 12 hours Is double time. If we catch a late call, it's easy to hit that double-time rate.

How to pick? THat's the hard part. Which one do you feel happier going to? Which one sparks joy? :)

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Yay! New bike was in stock and should be shipping soon. Order for old bike canceled.

Cannot wait. Also ordered a trailer hitch for my Honda and a new bike rack.

Hope my wife doesn't ask what I paid for all of this.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Going to tow the Honda with the bike?
Funny cause for whatever reason the rack manufacturer suggest a class 2 or higher hitch, despite being convertible between 1 1/4" and 2".

What the hell am I gonna tow with a 4 banger Honda that I need a class 2 hitch.

Apparently bicycles.