the 100% directionless thread

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
The above was your gibberish for the day. In other news, I walked around Solvang, CA for the past 2 days. I'm just seriously glad I didn't have a pastry at every bakery in the area. You'd have seen the largest explosion this side of the Mississippi if I had.

Rano Pano

Forum Lieutenant
The above was your gibberish for the day. In other news, I walked around Solvang, CA for the past 2 days. I'm just seriously glad I didn't have a pastry at every bakery in the area. You'd have seen the largest explosion this side of the Mississippi if I had.
Beautiful area

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Crikey! I went to look at today's hours of sunlight and realized it's the spring equinox! One of my favorite days of the year

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
You've learned the best kept secret of EMS, despite what most people who's entire wardrobe consist of EMS week shirts tell you, we don't really save lives.
Real talk, EMS week shirts are one of my favorite things about this job. My main level 1 gets good quality shirts that are comfortable as ****. A tad bit corny, but they're perfect gym or sleeping shirts.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Of course, of all the stores, it's the Walmart that we went to for the naked dude in the bathroom for ALOC...

You should know by now it’s always Walmart.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
Real talk, EMS week shirts are one of my favorite things about this job. My main level 1 gets good quality shirts that are comfortable as ****. A tad bit corny, but they're perfect gym or sleeping shirts.

Let’s be real, those are just a petty way of trying to pull EMS volume.

I prefer free food.

Last edited:

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Oh, my goodness it was! I don't think I've ever been there, but I've been close a couple times.
Have you been to Cambria? I don’t think I’ve been to Solvang myself and I too live in CA, so I don’t know how they compare in size.

It doesn’t have that Dutch thing going on, but it’s still a pretty cool little town to walk around and grab a bite for the day. It’s up the road from Hearst Castle.

Rano Pano

Forum Lieutenant
Have you been to Cambria? I don’t think I’ve been to Solvang myself and I too live in CA, so I don’t know how they compare in size.

It doesn’t have that Dutch thing going on, but it’s still a pretty cool little town to walk around and grab a bite for the day. It’s up the road from Hearst Castle.
Cambria is amazing. My wife has never been despite growing up in the state as well. Its easily up there for my one of my favorite CA towns. It just holds a special place in my heart. Looked into their small EMS for awhile before I realized staying in CA wasn’t in my family’s best interest.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I don't even know the name of most of the cities you guys are talking about and I've lived in California all my life. The only one I know is Hearst castle, but never been in it. Just drove by and saw the zebras one time.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

I haven't been to Cambria either. Come to think about it, I haven't been to Hearst Castle either. I've been to Oceano/Pismo Dunes in the mid-90's... but that's pretty much the last time I was in that region.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I haven't been to Cambria either. Come to think about it, I haven't been to Hearst Castle either. I've been to Oceano/Pismo Dunes in the mid-90's... but that's pretty much the last time I was in that region.
All worth it, IMO. The California Coast is pretty awesome.

CALEMT

All worth it, IMO. The California Coast is pretty awesome.

Personally I prefer the Northern CA cost. Pretty cool seeing giant redwood trees going right up to the ocean.

CALEMT

CALEMT

How you can tell that we're returning to normal:

I'm watching my Angels loose to the Padres.