the 100% directionless thread

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
The second I went to my bed to catch a nap, I sit down and the pager/tones go off. Smh 😔

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I have an interview for an ER tech job next Tuesday.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I have an interview for an ER tech job next Tuesday.

I'm doing pharmacy tech TRAINEE. I paid for the cert, just need my fingerprints.

That makes more than my 911 job before I'm even a full tech.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
This new job has me waking up when I used to get home. I'm excited for a lot of the change, but damn do I miss night shift.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Sounds like an interesting opportunity. Best of luck to you!
Thanks. I’m also thinking about doing some volly 911 but I don’t know if I can do two jobs and volunteer at the same time.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Thanks. I’m also thinking about doing some volly 911 but I don’t know if I can do two jobs and volunteer at the same time.
I doubt that. But hey, you do you.

This new job has me waking up when I used to get home. I'm excited for a lot of the change, but damn do I miss night shift.

That's the good stuff right there.

Situation normal... for a black cloud!

Reporting for duty.

I'm off now. Shift went pretty well, overall crew was pleased. Just a few things to work on. I was already familiar with their PCR system and the inventory system.

School until 1300. I can do this. 😫

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow, no medical calls yesterday. We DID get to play lumberjack after a tree fell into the roadway so we (as our Captain said) did a chainsaw drill instead of Ladder drill lol (luckily no one was hurt, a couple shifts ago, in the quiet part of the island, a tree fell on a car driving on the highway resulting in a whole Auto Extrication assignment of 3 engines, and 2 little old ladies being sent to the hospital...)

Oh, hey my package I ordered finally arrived! 2 weeks and being shipped via USPS First Class! :rolleyes:

(granted it shipped from Tennessee so that whole Texas snow and the rest of the country polar vortex thingy probably didn't help... but still lol)

Aaaaand, because of some big quake off of New Zealand (like a 8.0, so yeah, big), we're now under a Tsunami Watch. Guess I'm not going to the beach today...

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I have come to realize that I do not like edge painting

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I'm currently disappointed nobody commented on my lupus joke.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Hit a bit of a sore spot for me. I had a teen recently almost die from lupus nephritis after a long series of failure to diagnose, predominantly because they thought she was whining and seeking attention.
Sorry she had that happen to her. It sucks that providers were not listening to her and glad she did not die.

I'm also sorry you did not find humor in an old Dr. House joke. I giggled.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
Sorry she had that happen to her. It sucks that providers were not listening to her and glad she did not die.

I'm also sorry you did not find humor in an old Dr. House joke. I giggled.

It’s not that I didn’t find the humor, rather its frustrating when there are people who consider themselves healthcare professionals who are quick to dismiss the possibility of serious illness in cases where a benign eitiology is far more likely (although not certain).

I doubt that was your intent, but I do think it can fuel the fire for those who cannot differentiate the joke from reinforcement their own sub par practice.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
This two hour round trip daily commute really makes me not want to go to work, but I'll just have to deal with it for at least 6 more months. Luckily it's only 3 times a week.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
There is a trick, if you're OCD like me.

I have a trick. It’s called the edge pro-master: AKA my mom. Thank God for parents to help out.