the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
5 (or more) units at a station. Someone is 1st up, 1st one to get an incoming call, Someone is 2md up after them, Someone is third... and so on

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
5 (or more) units at a station. Someone is 1st up, 1st one to get an incoming call, Someone is 2md up after them, Someone is third... and so on

What. You guys have more than one ambulance at a place? Lol what. We have one ambulance for a whole stretch of area.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
What. You guys have more than one ambulance at a place? Lol what. We have one ambulance for a whole stretch of area.
Well not here (we have 19 ambulance stations, 1 of which has 2 units. And one of those 2 is only in service for 12 hrs each day. Every other station is a single ambulance).
But back at McCormick in LA, they had something like 22 stations, most of which were 2 unit stations, a couple with 3, and one or two with 4 (opened after I left when they gained a new contract). But its rare those big stations are just sitting around all day, 4th or 5th up you still rotate up to first and be busier than some single unit stations

Though it's still very much the exception to have more than 2 units, they do have a couple with 5. And its not like you stay 5th up, it's more a rotation, you may start 5th, but then after the first call that unit is 5th and you're 4th up, and so on.

But thats just the one example I'm familiar with, I'm sure there's the other kind where 5th up leaves you not running calls all day lols

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I’m all for doing stuff like that but when the statement “they don’t get to say they are not playing” is made, I am out. This pretty much goes for everything in life
Perks of call of duty mobile or a good read. We can just sit there and enjoy some silence.

HunterTMars

Forum Crew Member
Perks of call of duty mobile or a good read. We can just sit there and enjoy some silence.
We invited I.B.I.U.E.I. when mobile phones only had the snake game. The dynamics between partners have certainly changed. I've always been a fan of a good book.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
10-year old daughter: Dad, can you come here for a second?

Dad: Sure, one sec.

(Proceeds to be led to daughter’s Zoom session, and waves at classmates and teacher).

It was her Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt. She was given 10 seconds to find an object that she loves.

Classy move, kiddo...classy move.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
First 36 hrs shift in the books. Both nights involved waking up in the wee morning hours, where ¾ of the calls came at in thise overnight hours.... at least the dumpster fire was a change of pace lol

12 hrs off and right back into another 36hr starting tonight...

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I like a 24-48... get that work week knocked out

I work a 72/96. Sometimes I’ll get forced overtime all 96 hours off. Sometimes I can get the work month knocked out in a week and a half.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?