the 100% directionless thread

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Emergency! Right?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
i guess “KMG-365 10-4” will end with this last Bach of EMS dinosaurs.

If it makes you feel better when we get a call the MDC alert tone is the Emergency! tones

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
If it makes you feel better when we get a call the MDC alert tone is the Emergency! tones

It was the alert tone on Active 911 for my last agency and it’s the sound that plays in the county dispatch center if someone pushes the orange emergency button.

I watched a couple episodes the other night. It’s still more true to life than anything else.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Tonight I stopped at my favorite park after work and watched the waning gibbous moon shine on a frozen pond for a while. Beautiful.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Think its about time I go and spend the money on the FP-C. Didnt do me any good at my employer since they accepted what I had. Trying to go elsewhere though, so it may be due to add it to the resume. Good thing December will be a healthy month for extra pay.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
When the new hire (first call ever) gets narcotic OD Del Taco chicken burrito vomit all over his leg. Welcome to the suck bro.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Think its about time I go and spend the money on the FP-C. Didnt do me any good at my employer since they accepted what I had. Trying to go elsewhere though, so it may be due to add it to the resume. Good thing December will be a healthy month for extra pay.
You just missed a shot at a heavy testing discount to be a guinea pig for a new question bank.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Dang that was a heavy Mandalorian episode, soooooo much just happened...
I was trying really hard to wait till all episodes dropped so I didnt get stuck with a cliffhanger like that. See how well that worked.

Similar note, I dont pay for streaming services to get an episode a week, really annoying. My two favorite streaming shows do this (Mandalorian and the Boys).

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Just found out the owner of our rental townhouse is looking to sell, which puts me in the unenviable position of rental house hunting. Having an 85 pound labradog complicates the search.

Zero fun times ahead.

OceanBossMan263

Forum Crew Member
I got a COVID swab at 2 yesterday afternoon and had PCR results in my online health portal in under 7 hours. Amazingly fast results.
Why aren’t we testing all of our people this way?

and I was negative, btw.
I wish my 9-5 operated this way. My real job is in building inspection in a municipality with around 2500 employees. My department of ~125 was mostly on quarantine for 2 weeks due to 2-3 positives among the staff. We received over $100 million in federal grants for covid expenses, have a EMS staff and ER doc at our disposal on staff, and haven't thought to arrange for rapid testing in instances like this... shut down the whole floor, test everyone, then order isolation or quarantine. Alas, the talking heads at the top don't believe anyone else has any worthy ideas, and doing anything for us doesn't look as good as a sexy photo op of giving out masks and sanitizer to some random shopkeepers.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I got a COVID swab at 2 yesterday afternoon and had PCR results in my online health portal in under 7 hours. Amazingly fast results.
Why aren’t we testing all of our people this way?

and I was negative, btw.
PCR testing that fast is willd. On site lab?