NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
AD80C6AE-4365-41AB-AB09-7066A661E927.jpeg

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Just swung the Ban Hammer. One of our members has been temporarily removed from the roster. Friendly reminder folks: don't post random stuff in various threads and ignore a warning not to just minutes after being warned. This particular thread is directionless, so posting random stuff is expected here...

Carry on!

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Well I'm still here so 🤔

Jk.

Also. I don't know when it happened but I find the notion of counting respiration to a T kind of ridiculous. Unless the pt has abnormal breathing or a condition that warrants closer examination I just kind of gestimate based on how they're breathing and previous counting. Ah that looks like 18. 18 it is. I can tell easily if the pt conditions changes, if respiration become more labored, etc and I just kind of key into it without even needing to really think to do it.

Not to say I'm the crystal ball of respirations but it isn't like it was before

Back during my clinical days I was.... appalled and horrified providers didn't count every single breath. I guess it I get it now. Is this a milestone?

Old me would have thought I was a pt murderer (not literally) or didn't care.

Interesting development I've noticed within myself, among other things

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Someone needs to watch Roman Gladiator movies...
If you don’t know Barbara “Beaver Cleavers Ma” Billingsley, I highly doubt it’s in you to search the works of Charlton Heston or Kirk Douglas. Hell, even Russell Crowe might be a stretch nowadays.

Anyhow, sure hope summer goes by as fast as I usually want it to.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
If you don’t know Barbara “Beaver Cleavers Ma” Billingsley, I highly doubt it’s in you to search the works of Charlton Heston or Kirk Douglas. Hell, even Russell Crowe might be a stretch nowadays.

Anyhow, sure hope summer goes by as fast as I usually want it to.

Charlton Heston! Ben hur. Planet of the apes. He even had his own stamp. What a chad.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Spring and Autumn are where it’s at for me. Cold doesn’t bother me nearly as much as sweating profusely 4 months straight.
If the temperature drops below 78 degrees I start agonal gasping and my life flashes before my eyes. I'm ready for summer.