the 100% directionless thread

Why is Sodium Na+ but Calcium is Ca++.

How do you have a ++? I thought Ions are just positive or negative.

(Regardind cardiac functions)

Why is Sodium Na+ but Calcium is Ca++.

How do you have a ++? I thought Ions are just positive or negative.

(Regardind cardiac functions)

It is related to the state of the valence electrons.

It’s interesting what makes some people gag versus others.

When I was super into healthy eating I did a lot of salmon in the microwave. Most people were kind enough to tolerate it.

My wife and I have recently grown fond of brussell sprouts. We like mixing them in with asparagus and some mushrooms as a side for just about any type of steak we grill or pan sear.

@Seirende Kevin Arnold (from The Wonder Years) is the little boy (Fred Savage) that plays Columbo’s (Peter Falk’s) grandson in The Princess Bride.

Puppers peaceful crossed the rainbow bridge this morning. Its kinda rough, telling the 6 year old was worse.
Sucks, meng. Our 10-year old bully died in my arms a few years ago with our girls standing right behind me. Didn’t think I’d weep that hard. R.I.P.

Seeing people not know who Kevin Arnold is makes me sad, and feel very very old. Makes me think of a time when I was razzing a co worker about their Zach Morris phone and one of of new EMTs looked at me and said Who's Zach Morris? Does he work here?
This made me chuckle, and also cringe. Yup, we’re becoming fogies, haha.

I’m a Dinosaur, according to many.

Good. They ruled the Earth.

These memes are getting too real

Attachments

• 96002496_242483263766887_1391736439477108736_n.jpg
    96002496_242483263766887_1391736439477108736_n.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 113
That's the crap that gives EMS such a bad namme.

The ones who post memes about PTSD and being broken are they same ones that run dialysis all day and are first in line for the hero gifts during EMS week.

There is certainly a higher propensity for EMS workers to get hurt on the job or suffer mental duress, but you don't need to wear it as a badge of honor.

I personally think a lot of EMS/medical memes are hilarious. I love https://www.facebook.com/codebluememes/.

I do feel somewhat guilty about all the appreciation. We've been slower and work has never been better, but people are thanking us for our service. At least the last person to thank me for simply doing my job (something that a lot of people wish they had right now!) was a COVID 19 patient. All I could think in my head as I simply gave her oxygen with a non rebreather mask was how the oxygen was some gourmet skat, lol.

Last edited:
Well, you're not a real paramedic, soooo...
Shhh.... don't tell McDonalds that! I'm still showing up with my wheelchair van uniform getting my McNuggets!

Back