the 100% directionless thread

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
OK people, I am trying to find a cough expectorant for my 8 y/o sister who has terrible phlegm buildup in her throat and can't cough it up. Not an antitussive. What is an OTC drug that does that? I feel so stupid that I can't find one.

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
CNM refers to me as an in resident EMT-B now lol

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
Interesting weekend. Spent a few days at the State EMS convention, which was great. Word on the street is that NJ may adopt the EMT-AEMT-Paramedic scope of practice model, which I was pretty sure I'd never see here. The medical directors even seem pretty keen on having the AEMT level, despite what the EMS Study Commission had to say.

Maybe that I-85 won't be totally useless to me.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
I am taking the plunge!!! Good bye single and bachelor life!!! everyone please wish me luck, i think i am going to need it.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
God help you, you poor man. Why would you do something like that? Women are evil!:ph34r:

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
God help you, you poor man. Why would you do something like that? Women are evil!:ph34r:

Yes they are, that is why I said I need all the luck i can get :)

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
OK people, I am trying to find a cough expectorant for my 8 y/o sister who has terrible phlegm buildup in her throat and can't cough it up. Not an antitussive. What is an OTC drug that does that? I feel so stupid that I can't find one.

Guaifenesin (Mucinex)

Harvey

Forum Lieutenant
I love mucinex. Back when i was a healthy young smoker. it breaks up the junk and lets you cough it all up. god bless em. im still working on the quitting smokin part :(

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Sweet. They accepted my PTO for next week, so I have to work today/Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun, then I get the next 7 days off.

Hopefully I hear back from the other agency I interviewed with and get the offer today / tomorrow so I can do my notice...

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Aeromedical retrevial registrar (helicopter medical officer) Brown needs an extra set of hands .... ever wanted to fly?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I was on call for 12 hours last night... I actually worked 10 of them. It was a crazy night. a 5 patient rollover, transfer to the city, and a couple sick calls.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown.. fly? YES. New Zealand.. Double Yes.

Brown likes your attitude. Get down here stat!

what do you want for Christmas Mr. brown?

Brown would like hmm, lets see...

- to become a flying HEMS Doctor? No,
- to become an anaesthesti? No,
- to drive round in the gangsta-as hella awesome HEMS Doctor car? No,
- to win the lotto? No,
- for Brown's boss to drop dead? Tempting but no,
- for Brown's mother in law to drop dead? Mrs Brown may find it tempting, but ... no,
- for peace on earth? Foo that just a notion used on suckers by the New World Order so no,

Hmmm .... well seeing as how Mrs Brown might read this Brown would like one of the between one and four Mini Brown's that they have agreed to try for.

Now, because Mrs Brown might not read this .... Brown would like his Christmas present to be in voucher form redeemable for up to 12 months at a later date for a post-dated present of equal or higher value than Santa was going to give Brown at Christmas time.

Oh ... and Brown had best be careful on the first one seeing as how Brown has more girls names than boys on the list of potential names .... Brown may just end up with a house full of girls. Eeek! :D

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Now, because Mrs Brown might not read this .... Brown would like his Christmas present to be in voucher form redeemable for up to 12 months at a later date for a post-dated present of equal or higher value than Santa was going to give Brown at Christmas time.

Now Brown, you know Santa is tired of you asking for a blow up doll.:p

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Whelp, the job I interviewed for the other Friday? They called and offered me the job :)

Now... I'm scared crapless because they are some of the most advanced EMS protocols I've ever seen...holy cow. But it should be fun doing EMS where I have a 45 minute transport to a level 2, and an hour transport to a level 1 with burn ward.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Whelp, the job I interviewed for the other Friday? They called and offered me the job :)

Now... I'm scared crapless because they are some of the most advanced EMS protocols I've ever seen...holy cow. But it should be fun doing EMS where I have a 45 minute transport to a level 2, and an hour transport to a level 1 with burn ward.

Congratulations!!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

Congrats! What company?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Congrats man! Get in good with HR so you can help me land a job there when I get my medic :p

And In other news for today... Got my provisional acceptance for the Medic program in Odessa starting in January :) I should get formal notification the middle of December :D