CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

CALEMT

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
🤦‍♂️ College football... I’m kind of an OU fan

Oooh ..

I dunno anything about football. I can't tell you what people really do besides running and tackling with a ball. I don't know the rules. I don't really care.

But, I don't want anyone to insult Texas.

CALEMT

When all you have is a hammer, and that hammer also wears a ten gallon hat...

And you have “Americas team” that everyone hates.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Texas is a gigantic Disappointment Dorito. Living here is like living in Walmart...people only do it because it’s cheaper than other options, or because we’re carpetbagging it as part of our noble quest to make things better. If it wasn’t for family being here, I’d be somewhere else.

With that being said, every day Texas creeps a little closer to being like California, and I’m super OK with that.

Also important to note that “Texas” is very culturally different than Houstonian, Austin, SA, the RGV or El Paso. I’d actually argue that the only real “Texas” city is the DFW Metro and that Okies have more in common from a cultural and social perspective with the stereotypical Texan than us progressive Houstonian weirdos. Houston is like a weird piece of Los Angeles dropped into a Petri dish of low taxes, Austin is basically East San Francisco, etc.

Also, Texas football gets worse as it gets more professional and there’s a reason that the world rodeo championships are held in Vegas...Nevada is head and shoulders better at fighting cows than Texas.

Last edited:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Boomer Sooner.

Why does the wind blow in Oklahoma? Because Texas sucks.
So you're saying Oklahoma blows?
I'd agree with that.

CALEMT

CALEMT

With that being said, every day Texas creeps a little closer to being like California, and I’m super OK with that

I absolutely hate this mentality. Don’t like the state you’re living in? Then move out. Go somewhere that you like.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Don’t mess with Texas, dudes.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I dont have any special affection for Texas per say, and I do have a particular dislike for California, especially basically everything regarding its politics/taxes.

But really, if you're leaving Cali for Texas, why the eff would you be voting for the same CA style policies and whatnot that made you leave in the first place? Dont like Texas' politics? Shoulda moved somewhere else then.

(Yeah yeah, easier said then done, but still!)

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I smile in amusement at how people take territories to such a personal level. As if they own the land that they walk on.

As far as the “if you don’t like it, move the hell out” mentality? Ah yes, I too used to think this way. But then other people aside from myself became more important to my overall happiness than where I reside.

But, per usual, to each their own. None of this stuff truly matters in the end.

That is, of course, unless you seek the desire to erode your digestive tract with tales of how right you were, how wrong everyone else was, and the other endlessly pointless arguments we tend to bog ourselves down with.

Ahhh, to be young...

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I absolutely hate this mentality. Don’t like the state you’re living in? Then move out. Go somewhere that you like.

Soon it shall all be Los Angeles.

CALEMT

I smile in amusement at how people take territories to such a personal level. As if they own the land that they walk on.

As far as the “if you don’t like it, move the hell out” mentality? Ah yes, I too used to think this way. But then other people aside from myself became more important to my overall happiness than where I reside.

But, per usual, to each their own. None of this stuff truly matters in the end.

That is, of course, unless you seek the desire to erode your digestive tract with tales of how right you were, how wrong everyone else was, and the other endlessly pointless arguments we tend to bog ourselves down with.

Ahhh, to be young...

I disagreed with CA politics, didn’t like the taxes, and I’m making over 100k a year and couldn't really afford a decent home. I have no family left in CA, I’m unmarried, no kids, and no girlfriend. I had the opportunity to leave and I took it. Left without looking back. I now live in a state where I agree with the politics and laws, I can afford a home (bought a 3 bed 2 bath ~1500 sqft home), I’m closer to my family, and I can still work for who I work for because the commute isn’t all that different from when I was in CA. Don’t get me wrong being CA born and raised there’s still that attraction to how beautiful the state is... but I’m not missing everything else about the state.

Also, my biggest pet peeve with Texans is they boast and brag how kick *** their state is... to the point where they're obnoxious with it.

Soon it shall all be Los Angeles.

Congrats bud.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I disagreed with CA politics, didn’t like the taxes, and I’m making over 100k a year and couldn't really afford a decent home. I have no family left in CA, I’m unmarried, no kids, and no girlfriend. I had the opportunity to leave and I took it. Left without looking back. I now live in a state where I agree with the politics and laws, I can afford a home (bought a 3 bed 2 bath ~1500 sqft home), I’m closer to my family, and I can still work for who I work for because the commute isn’t all that different from when I was in CA. Don’t get me wrong being CA born and raised there’s still that attraction to how beautiful the state is... but I’m not missing everything else about the state.
Lol, like I said, to each their own. Also, your story is almost identical to an old paramedic classmate of mine. Right down to his state of choice to move to.

I hold no personal ties to my state in terms of politics. Honestly, I’m not tied any political party in the first place.
Also, my biggest pet peeve with Texans is they boast and brag how kick *** their state is... to the point where they're obnoxious with it.
Yep, absolutely. That said, without pigeon-holing the entire state into the “Yosemite Sam” character firing their pistols wildly in the air, those who do act this way usually never leave their tiny corner of the world.