Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
First day cooking at the station...ho boy.... :S

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I was told that since I run the agency FB page, I am also the PIO. So I went to a PIO class, where I learned (among other things) that fortunately the PIO is not supposed to really do interviews on camera but rather coordinate them. Nobody ever listens to me...here I am on the damn evening news.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Part of the deal with doing this stuff is no damn ice cream.

220E8FE1-15DD-403E-91E4-6F2AEA8BA520.jpeg

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Any of our kind associates on here from The Great White North taken—or know of anyone in Canada who’s taken—the AIME course? If so, was it any good?

I booked marked it to my favorites on my laptop as it has some worthwhile items on it. Unfortunately, it seems exclusive to Canada only.

I’m trying to find a reliable comparison of airway courses and see if I can pitch one to my programs managers. I know Walls’ course will bring theirs to your site (for a nominal fee of course), and I also know that there may be one or two other courses available in The States worth mentioning.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Tosh, Isaacs, and Nowell on the Tailgater make a deep Spring cleaning tolerable.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Can I just find a department that will let me be a super tacticool SWAT Nurse?
Find a law enforcement agency that does aeromedical rescue and ask to become a door gunner...

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Can I just find a department that will let me be a super tacticool SWAT Nurse?

Go to Med school then come to Baltimore and apply to the Hopkins tactical fellowship. Used to work with some of these guys. They also have a few PA's who work for them and deploy with the Maryland State Police, but don't know of any NP's in either program. Doctor Tang is a pretty badass dude and has his hands in all kinda federal LE stuff as well.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/emergencymedicine/fellowship_programs/tactical_medicine.html

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
The last year or so working hospital, private and now 911 I've found it slows on holidays but the calls are more legit than typical days.

Very true. Only 4 calls last night, but legit assault (possible subdural bleed) and legit drunk TC (had to cut the entire driver’s section to extricate).