the 100% directionless thread

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
My friend says "you're napping again?" While at work....next patient is unresponsive, vomity, and no current causes that can be found....then CPR starts in the ED....

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
yikes. gotta love NYC drainage?

ConEd does work...doesn't care when it causes damage.
Landlord doesn't care that the foundation leaks.

Mess all around!

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
ConEd does work...doesn't care when it causes damage.
Landlord doesn't care that the foundation leaks.

Mess all around!
NJ sounds better and better :eek::confused: and thats sayin somethin

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
I gotta admire you East coast guys for tolerating that environment. I couldn't tolerate the taxes, weather, the over crowdedness, rude folks, etc. for more than a day.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I gotta admire you East coast guys for tolerating that environment. I couldn't tolerate the taxes, weather, the over crowdedness, rude folks, etc. for more than a day.
It's not so bad, just gotta be rude back. One of my parole officer buddies that works in the city now told me over lunch a few weeks back people greet each other in the city with "hey fk you". I'd like to think he's kidding, but us Albany folks... we got our sht together ;)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
If peoplebcould stop crashing their cars today/tonight that'd be great, mmmmmkay?

Seriously, not just the 4th TC of the shift, but our very first call was an MCI TC with extrication required....oh and it was a fatality to boot (we were second ambulance on, f orst one was doing CPR in the car while fire was trying to cut open the door)

Very next call was a TC with rollover. Some mustang with a Noz bottle as big as our house tank hit an SUV, Mustangs front end was destroyed, the SUV was on its side windshield up against a fence.....both cars far more mangled than the earlier fatality....and non injury. Go figure.

Cue another minor non injury crash, a bunch of other calls, a 5 hour wait for a bed at the hospital......and we were legit first unit on a 2 car TC with 6 patients, both drivers requiring extraction, oh at least 2 patients were 5 and 9 year old kids, everyone freaking out....and fire took their sweet time.....talk about sphincter tightening mess......

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If peoplebcould stop crashing their cars today/tonight that'd be great, mmmmmkay?

Seriously, not just the 4th TC of the shift, but our very first call was an MCI TC with extrication required....oh and it was a fatality to boot (we were second ambulance on, f orst one was doing CPR in the car while fire was trying to cut open the door)

Very next call was a TC with rollover. Some mustang with a Noz bottle as big as our house tank hit an SUV, Mustangs front end was destroyed, the SUV was on its side windshield up against a fence.....both cars far more mangled than the earlier fatality....and non injury. Go figure.

Cue another minor non injury crash, a bunch of other calls, a 5 hour wait for a bed at the hospital......and we were legit first unit on a 2 car TC with 6 patients, both drivers requiring extraction, oh at least 2 patients were 5 and 9 year old kids, everyone freaking out....and fire took their sweet time.....talk about sphincter tightening mess......
Not to Monday night quarterback the first call or anything but why on eath was a crew doing CPR on a traumatic arrest who was still trapped in a car during an MCI? I can count 3 reasons why they shouldn’t have been working that patient: 1. It’s a traumatic full arrest. 2. It’s a traumatic full arrest still trapped inside a car. 3. It’s a traumatic full arrest during a MCI..

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Not to Monday night quarterback the first call or anything but why on eath was a crew doing CPR on a traumatic arrest who was still trapped in a car during an MCI? I can count 3 reasons why they shouldn’t have been working that patient: 1. It’s a traumatic full arrest. 2. It’s a traumatic full arrest still trapped inside a car. 3. It’s a traumatic full arrest during a MCI..
I noticed that too. Traumatic arrests have an extremely low survival rate under perfect conditions... trapped in a car during an MCI? Declare dead and move on.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Heck if I know....we showed up and were told to look after a dad and his kid who were from the other vehicle while the first ambulance, engine and medic squad worked on the entrapment, no idea what level of entrapment and what vitals were if any prior to their arrival

Perhaps I was being too liberal about using the term MCI? Then again we were the second ambulance on scene (out of three total dispatched) with three patients transported (plus the fatality being a 4th of 4 total patients) with multiple other fire and rescue resources on scene so....

Oh and cut to after clearing the other MCI (that one I will use that term with at least 5 patients to our one BLS ambulance on scene by ourselves for several minutes, was def feeling a bit overwhelmed ha) after I posted....next transport was....another traffic collision. Oh after that we had a 1 am IFT that on the way back into district we still alarmed yet another TC......at this point I feel like I should just leave my reflective jacket on ha

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

The taxes are the biggest problem, in my view - nothing better than working hard to have more money taken away for services I don't even use.
Perhaps I'm just jaded, but I don't know if people are that much ruder on the east coast. Things are definitely crowded, though!

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
There is talk going around that were going to be carrying p95 masks and tyvek suits. Any overdose that is verified as heroin or cannot be adequately validated we are to stage and suit up.

I think there has been 1 verified carfentinil case in the entire state and 0 cases of grey death.

This is Ebola all over again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
IMG_0786.JPG

I like going off the grid. No cell service, no internet, nearest city is a hour and a half away. My kind of place.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Man I am just a **** magnet for bad neuro people these past couple shifts. First call of the day was a huge stroke with nothing they could do. Couldnt talk and basically a limp noodle on the right long with a bunch of DVT's on his right leg. Hate to see people have that happen who are otherwise perfectly able bodied.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
So apparently the new paramedic graduates at my workplace are making $25 an hour; while recently-hired in-charge paramedics are at $21.50 an hour.

Not thrilled at all.

Not thrilled.

Why am I not looking for director jobs? Or just go teach? Am I getting tired of getting kicked in the face?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So apparently the new paramedic graduates at my workplace are making $25 an hour; while recently-hired in-charge paramedics are at $21.50 an hour.

Not thrilled at all.

Not thrilled.

Why am I not looking for director jobs? Or just go teach? Am I getting tired of getting kicked in the face?
How does that work? Our new grad medics that have been employed start out at the same attendant paramedic pay new hires do

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I dunno, it's from the rumor mill but it's coming from multiple reliable sources and is apparently with precedent. I'm not sure how to confirm it, and part of me doesn't really care, but it is galling.