the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So...Stash Invest is pretty cool. I've been tossing in $5 a week to their "defending America" mutual fund and it's broken $100 in about 15 weeks with a few bucks of return. Going to increase the weekly auto-stash to $15 ( $60/month ) and put it in a moderate risk fund, see what happens. Investing for snowflakes like me allows me to find funds that support things I believe in and that are likely to be profitable.

In other news, my one share of Raytheon is making bank. Bought it in 2009 and have not been disappointed.
Acorns is good too. I use both.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
B.S in adult education with emphasis in workforce development (basically, how to teach adults adult things) from the University of Central Oklahoma.
Bachelor's in "Applied Technology" in healthcare management and administration from Brazosport College.
AAS-Paramedic from Rose State College in Oklahoma.

Starting a master's in healthcare administration at the University of Houston this fall.

Haven't read "Dereliction of Duty" yet.

Ah, gotcha! I would have guessed a history degree or something would be tucked in there!

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I like useful degrees

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

VentMonkey

Family Guy
A guy I know double majored in probably the two least useful degrees known: Philosophy and German.
IMG_0421.JPG

I'm sure he'd beg to differ...

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I prefer the kevin oLearly approach to money. Don't let feelings get in the way. Investing in contracting companies is the way to go. I won't share how much i've made or can be made, but somethin to look into :D

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
View attachment 3899
I'm sure he'd beg to differ...
Perhaps so... but when your job prospects initially include being a mattress salesman... Now he's doing something far different than what he studied in school. I think he's into IT in some manner.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Juaat found out Eric Bauer has an FCP CCP review course in Indianapolis in November.

Thats really tempting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Juaat found out Eric Bauer has an FCP CCP review course in Indianapolis in November.
This is a pretty good endocrine podcast that he and his wife go over. It's about an hour long, but covers "commonly" discussed endocrine disorders, their lab values, and treatment modalities. It kept me entertained, and is definitely worth a gander for anyone interested:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-flightbridgeed-podcast/id595147712?mt=2&i=1000385948764

Edit: anyone interested in that stuff can also go to their website and their classes for the year are listed on it:
https://www.flightbridgeed.com/index.php

Orchid Lopez' Back To Basics in Glendale AZ is also still very much worth its weight in gold for those on this coast. Eric doesn't seem to come as frequently, though he is very much open to emails, and suggestions.

Last edited:

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Man so close to a clean shift and the last dude requires sedation. Should be home already chowin down on some stew. Damn....

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Duplex apartment gon' and done got flooded...Fun times moving alllll the stuff from the bottom floor to the top. Makes me wonder why I have so much stuff!

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Duplex apartment gon' and done got flooded...Fun times moving alllll the stuff from the bottom floor to the top. Makes me wonder why I have so much stuff!
yikes. gotta love NYC drainage?

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
Officially a native Texan as of yesterday! I got the nice "welcome to Texas" with 95 degree temps, high humidity, and thunderstorms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Officially a native Texan as of yesterday! I got the nice "welcome to Texas" with 95 degree temps, high humidity, and thunderstorms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome! If you ever make it down to Galveston, first beer is on me