ex-Parole officer/EMT

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm...trying to get my Saturday off. No one wanted to trade or pick up the whole shift, however one of the guys at my station (on a different shift) said he'd pick up the back half (the last 12 hours) which isn't uncommon and the split and trade was approved by Scheduling. Well that's half the shift covered but I still need the first 12 hours covered as well.

Lo and behold tonight, there's a shift that's open for the second half of their shift (one guy on the full 24, the other only the first 12). So I offered to do a "Virtual Trade" with Scheduling (which is another common thing, if you can't find anyone to trade/pickup you can work an already open shift instead, the company's own logic being they're paying the same number of people same number of hours and not losing any extra shifts, and if it helps employee morale by having flexibility, great!) Well.....they put me on the shift tonight, and left me on the other shift tomorrow -_-

After talking to Scheduling, after doing a (partial) trade and picking up the open shift, the only way to get that 12 hours off tomorrow.....is to basically call off sick (which is how they coded it, sick-no pay, plus the attendance infraction point, same as if I called off if the morning before shift.....nevermind that a check of the roster shows they found somebody to fill the opening anyway

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Started off the last perception shift with a nap and ended with some kick *** ice cream. Haven't had a critical call yet. Everyone is going to try to die Monday since I will have to wake up at 0300.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Graduated in '95. All of you can shut it.
I graduated HS before you did. If you see me with a cane in hand, it isn't for walking...

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I graduated HS before you did. If you see me with a cane in hand, it isn't for walking...
466179146_295x166.jpg

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Making a road trip up to Sacramento today...though I gotta be careful, just north of LA I'm gonna be passing through lands occupied by a fanatical orange and blue cult ;) lol

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Making a road trip up to Sacramento today

I did that when I was interviewing for seasonal firefighter jobs. Road tripped all the way to Amador/ El Dorado county. You kind forget just how big this state is when you drive all day and you're kinda-sorta-not really halfway through it.

I'm gonna be passing through lands occupied by a fanatical orange and blue cult

If you hear banjo's drive faster.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
On the porch cleaning/modding guns, Listening to CCR, About to grill steaks, Budweiser in hand... Today is a good day!!!!