the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I have my CCW in CA and a Glock 19 for carry.

If I had my CCW all I would have available to carry is my full size P-220. Perfect excuse to buy another gun.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Even tho I love my tricked out Glock 19 and 26 lately the 43 gets all the attention. Insanely comfortable to carry with any clothing and shoots amazing well for its size.
The 43 is actually next on my to buy list, glad to hear someone else likes it. Did you get the mag extension and anything like that is or is just as is at the moment?

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
It'll probably fit a G19 and G26 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In fact, it would. The 17/22, 19/23 and 26/27 all have certain dimensions that are identical. A "slide" holster built for any of these will work for all. My holster isn't a slide holster, it's a full-length for a 19/23 and the 26/27 works just fine with it. The 17/22 will not as it's too long, unless I cut off the end of the holster to allow for the extra length of a 17/22.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
If I had my CCW all I would have available to carry is my full size P-220. Perfect excuse to buy another gun.
As to getting a CCW in California, it all depends upon which County you live in.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
In fact, it would. The 17/22, 19/23 and 26/27 all have certain dimensions that are identical. A "slide" holster built for any of these will work for all. My holster isn't a slide holster, it's a full-length for a 19/23 and the 26/27 works just fine with it. The 17/22 will not as it's too long, unless I cut off the end of the holster to allow for the extra length of a 17/22.
That's why the old Glock branded plastic holsters would fit all models from a series, it was open ended

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
The 43 is actually next on my to buy list, glad to hear someone else likes it. Did you get the mag extension and anything like that is or is just as is at the moment?

Ya I have a Hyve +1 in the gun and a +2 as a backup. I like the look of them the best.

12383452_1536752243291582_191647185_n.jpg

CALEMT

As to getting a CCW in California, it all depends upon which County you live in.

Riverside issues them, but like my pal Desertmedic has said theres only 1 deputy for a county bigger than the state of Rhode Island. I was implying that carrying my full size 45 is doable... in the winter vs the summer and that I would have an excuse to buy another gun... (Sig P-239)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Well my fly out day with the local HEMS company was uneventful. Got asked for our ETA to a call that fire was responding to but never got dispatch. So we just sat around for 12 hours. Going to be around October before I can do another fly out.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Well my fly out day with the local HEMS company was uneventful. Got asked for our ETA to a call that fire was responding to but never got dispatch. So we just sat around for 12 hours. Going to be around October before I can do another fly out.
Trying to get a day in with the one near me before I leave. No idea if that will work out yet or not.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Didn't get onto the festival teams this year, but I got the pool party standbys and neon carnival.

@CALEMT pick the saguaro parties with me!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

My other half loves her 43. It's not my favorite gun to shoot without an extension but with an extension it's great. Plus you can literally conceal it anywhere.

CALEMT

@CALEMT pick the saguaro parties with me!

We'll see bud, not going to lie I'm kinda apprehensive about taking all 3 weekends for the festivals with finals right around the corner. I don't know how people can pass medic school while working full time. I pick up 9 shifts and its like the world is coming to an end lol.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
My other half loves her 43. It's not my favorite gun to shoot without an extension but with an extension it's great. Plus you can literally conceal it anywhere.

That's exactly why I want it. There is no doubting what's under my shirt in the summer if I carry my Sig, the thing is pretty damn hefty.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Trying to get a day in with the one near me before I leave. No idea if that will work out yet or not.

Have you taken a ride along class yet? Should be one coming up at one of the bases. We will hopefully have one at Granite soon.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I'd have to jump thru all the hoops to become a reserve cop before I'd even begin to be able to think about applying for a CCW here lol, something tells me that'd be even longer than 2019 :rolleyes:

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Have you taken a ride along class yet? Should be one coming up at one of the bases. We will hopefully have one at Granite soon.
Not yet, but I did get an email back about an upcoming one. Not an ideal day, but could probably make it work. Do you know when the Granite one is?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I have my CCW in CA and a Glock 19 for carry. A little big but I can manage to conceal it comfortably.

thats my service weapon.. Typical gun, it goes boom... nothing special
Ive been waiting 9 weeks for a custom kydex holster for.my glock 29 with surefire x300.

Im excited to start carrying it again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
blackhawk serpa level 3 holster here. love it :D
I'm carrying my G27 right now and I can switch to a G23 whenever I want because the holster I'm using works for both. If I want to carry my 1911, then all it takes is about 5 minutes and I'm good to go with that. Heck, I've got a drop-leg holster for a G17/22 and it works just fine with either of my Glocks, though I must admit my G27 looks a bit funny in it. ;) I just hope I never have to start wearing that particular holster...
Only dude I know that carries a 1911 daily is my Dads friend. He's been in the corps for like 30 years though...

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
We'll see bud, not going to lie I'm kinda apprehensive about taking all 3 weekends for the festivals with finals right around the corner. I don't know how people can pass medic school while working full time. I pick up 9 shifts and its like the world is coming to an end lol.
Eye candyyyyyyy! I would have rather been in the fests, but oh well.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Eye candyyyyyyy! I would have rather been in the fests, but oh well.
I was surprised I got placed on cart 2 since there are CVR/thermal events going on on every Saturday.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
thats my service weapon.. Typical gun, it goes boom... nothing special

blackhawk serpa level 3 holster here. love it :D

Only dude I know that carries a 1911 daily is my Dads friend. He's been in the corps for like 30 years though...
I'm pretty good with my 1911, better than with either Glock. I just rarely carry my 1911 because it's quite heavy. It's a full-size so it is a little difficult to conceal the grip but under a jacket, it just disappears. I also have competed in IDPA with my 1911 and my G23. I'm not really fast, but I am accurate! I first learned handgun marksmanship with a revolver. Fast is nice but accuracy is final because hits stop bad dudes.