the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'll have to get a shot of my station if I ever get back to work. It's somewhere around 17,000sqft...

That's ridiculous. Central station with admin or something?

Edit, I can't say much, ours is ~11,000 according to the Lt.

Ambulance, EMS Regional Commander, Engine, Brush Truck and HAZMAT truck/trailer.

Pictures don't do the inside justice as to the size. Everyone gets their own room.

b3ed4eb1053407f7f347d864044ba482.jpg

e58506f301235f874e247ffd5725c1da.jpg

045e32a66130c84fe98b392455ffb6f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

Yeah, both. Station 1, which houses HazMat (10 guys), us, the Fire shift commander, his aid, and the Medical shift commander (along with a secretary during the day)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yeah, both. Station 1, which houses HazMat (10 guys), us, the Fire shift commander, his aid, and the Medical shift commander (along with a secretary during the day)

I edited my original post. Apparently mine is 5 digits in the square footage range as well. We've only got 7 people though. 4 man engine that cross-staffs HAZMAT, my partner and I and our Commander for the region.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
speaking of firefighters, a family member of mine is finally retiring (today) from NYFD/WYNFD as a district chief. after 38 years.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

Edit, I can't say much, ours is ~11,000 according to the Lt.

Ambulance, EMS Regional Commander, Engine, Brush Truck and HAZMAT truck/trailer.

Pictures don't do the inside justice as to the size. Everyone gets their own room.

That's a good looking stations! I might have to double check my numbers. I was guesstimating based on comparing it in size to another station who's exact square footage I know. But we have two of the large 3 bays, plus two smaller bays, and an upstairs over the main living area (which I didn't account for). So now that I think of it, I may be quite a bit low on my guesstimate.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey, how'd you get a pic of my station @DesertMedic66 ?! But no seriously, my station is an old converted house, we literally park the ambulances on the street curb, no bays, no parking lot etc

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Hey, how'd you get a pic of my station @DesertMedic66 ?! But no seriously, my station is an old converted house, we literally park the ambulances on the street curb, no bays, no parking lot etc

That's actually a good representation of our station in the ghetto. DHS.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
There seems to be some distortion between self-motivation and codependency today.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Since I'm at home now and don't feel like driving 40 min just to snap a pic lol, Google maps street view screens hots will have to do....(that's not the actual station address btw)
Screenshot_2017-01-30-10-59-39.png
Screenshot_2017-01-30-11-00-57.png

CALEMT

IMG_0609.PNG

Since everybody be posting station pictures this is the lovely little shack similar to what @DesertMedic66 posted. 1 engine with a crew of 4. It was a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom. Kitchen was small and the livingroom was a ok size. It fit 3 recliners and 1 couch. The state technically didn't own the property, they were renting it from the landowner. No cell signal, 1hr 15min away from the nearest town and as odd as it sounds I kinda miss the creek.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
@Jim37F what's good in tha 'hood? Got the ghetto ADT I see, aka, window bars.

@CALEMT that looks like a ranch, brother. As far as shacks for dwellings so far Jimbo has us all beat. Smack dab in the middle of "bliptown"*

*if anyone gets that reference I won't feel too bad about having seen that movie.

CALEMT

VentMonkey

Family Guy
The landowner was a rancher lol. The "station" was a ranch house.
It's reminiscent of the sporadically placed ranch homes in Perris, and Wildomar I would go to during field internship.

CALEMT

It's reminiscent of the sporadically placed ranch homes in Perris, and Wildomar I would go to during field internship.

I liked it. Right on the border for the Sequoia National Forest. The no cell service kinda sucked but we made due with limited wifi. The best part about the station was we had the best hikes in the unit, plus the landowner had a pond and we absolutely did not bass fish the pond. *we totally fished, everyday*

VentMonkey

Family Guy
That sounds like pretty cherry set up. If it counts for anything our base (airport) is in the good ole' 'dale.
16 hours of OT tomorrow? Sure I'll take that.

That's hard to turn down.
How do you like those? They're hardly common with any of the company's out west that I've worked for.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
How do you like those? They're hardly common with any of the company's out west that I've worked for.

The 16? I actually don't mind it. Full time medics at my service work a 16 and a 24 every week. I'm on a set schedule, so I work 5p-9a Wednesday night into Thursday morning and an 0800 to 0800 24 on Saturday. It gives me LOTS of free time to do other things. And the occasional OT shift is big buckets of time and a half gravy. We're gonna have MEAT for dinner this week!