the 100% directionless thread

That 36 sucked. GSW to the head that I had to rsi. Got covered in brain matter and blood. Then a stroke. And a bad seizure with another rsi. And then a nasty seeker at a place infested by bed bugs... And that's not counting the minor calls that took up the rest of the shift. Ugh.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

That 36 sucked. GSW to the head that I had to rsi. Got covered in brain matter and blood. Then a stroke. And a bad seizure with another rsi. And then a nasty seeker at a place infested by bed bugs... And that's not counting the minor calls that took up the rest of the shift. Ugh.
You, sir are what the "gods" refer to as an all encompassing black cloud. No call too small will prevent the sh*t show that is waiting to unfold upon you.

You, sir are what the "gods" refer to as an all encompassing black cloud. No call too small will prevent the sh*t show that is waiting to unfold upon you.
Ya know it's funny you're the third or fourth person to say something like that lol. I have three or four people at my service that try to trade when I work with them. Mainly cause they want to see the station sometime during shift lol

e05c3d83931ff38d35df639c6bec8294.jpg

Rewarding myself with one of these. Only beer tonight since I go in at 0730 again for another 24.

Those are your rsi's for the year now tho!? Lol

I had four intubations last week. Three were RSI.

Stop.
I had four intubations last week. Three were RSI.
And you too.

I work tomorrow. This shouldn't be the first thing I see before I go to sleep. I need good thoughts, not this mess. Keep that evil away.

Lazy fly medic: "This isn't an ALS patient."
Moi: "I'm not comfortable taking them and they meet ALS criteria."
5de.png

Seems like a really good service. My wife just passed on an opportunity with a practice there, so no MN for me.

:(No bonus for me. ;)

I feel they are a very good service. Their heart seems to be in the right place, trying to do what is right for customers and staff. No place is perfect, but they are always looking for ways to improve. I work on-call for them and have been tempted to move to full time. But I have too much to loose at my full time job.

48 on 24 off 24 on, ACLS refresher, PALS refresher, 48 on 24 off 24 on...

What on earth was I thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya know it's funny you're the third or fourth person to say something like that lol. I have three or four people at my service that try to trade when I work with them. Mainly cause they want to see the station sometime during shift lol

i'd run with you anytime if I could. I'd get more calls in a night with you, than a month volunteering with my current gig. Don't get me wrong, I love the volunteering, but the experience would be amazing.

i'd run with you anytime if I could. I'd get more calls in a night with you, than a month volunteering with my current gig. Don't get me wrong, I love the volunteering, but the experience would be amazing.

You'd change your tune after the second night of no sleep. My partner and I together are the quintessential black cloud.

When we work the night shift together it's like a Lionel Richie song. We gonna party all night long, all night.

You'd change your tune after the second night of no sleep.
This. This x1000. The constant sleep deprivation is the biggest thing driving me away from EMS. As much as I love the time off from a 24/72 schedule, I think 12hr shifts should be the maximum allowed if the service has any kind of call volume.

Stop.

And you too.

I work tomorrow. This shouldn't be the first thing I see before I go to sleep. I need good thoughts, not this mess. Keep that evil away.

Weren't you constantly lamenting shifts where you didn't do anything?
#makeupyourmind

48 on 24 off 24 on, ACLS refresher, PALS refresher, 48 on 24 off 24 on...

What on earth was I thinking.

i'm not sure you were at that time robb :(. Goodluck/sending coffee your way :D

Back