the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Sounds like the Apple gods are knocking at your doorstep...
Meh. I've had both Apple and Samsung products...even with my current predicament nothing about Apple ever sold me on justifying iPhones being superior.

In fact I specifically got the Active model for a reason, supposed to be more rugged than other phones. The problem with mine is that when I shattered my screen last year and got it repaired by a third party (local repair shop not affiliated with Samsung or Apple) which I suspect is what compromised the water resistance, so when it got dunked in salt water a few weeks back....yeah no iPhone would survive that. At least with the S6 I have the wireless option to prove the phone isn't bricked even with the inop USB port (if I had an iPhone and the Lightning port was busted as well that'd pretty much be ballgame right there)

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Whatever next phone you have, setup google drive or Dropbox on it.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
supposed to be more rugged than other phones

Well with your predicament, I'd say that's a lie.

Sounds like you need a lifeproof phone case there Jim.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well with your predicament, I'd say that's a lie.

Sounds like you need a lifeproof phone case there Jim.
My best guess is that last year when I dropped my phone and it landed screen down on a concrete curb in a parking lot, when I took it to a repair place, whatever they did to replace the screen must have compromised the water tightness.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Headed down to San Diego, we got family tickets to the Zoo sometime earlier in the year, and they expire the 31st....Mom, Dad, and Sis drive down last night and stayed at a hotel on one of the Navy bases....I couldn't make it then 'cuz work setup an appointment for me this morning to go get my LA City Dept of Transportation Ambulance Driver Permit (required to legally pick up patients within the LA City limits, joy)....but rather than drive down and back, I'm making my way down whilst enjoying a Rum and Coke and Turkey sandwich on the Pacific Surfliner :)

Flying

Mostly Ignorant
My best guess is that last year when I dropped my phone and it landed screen down on a concrete curb in a parking lot, when I took it to a repair place, whatever they did to replace the screen must have compromised the water tightness.
When screens are replaced, they require a particular adhesive to keep water from entering. The place that fixed your phone likely used an inadequate adhesive and/or double sided-tape(!).

Last edited:

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Or maybe EMS as a whole should step its game up and act like professionals instead a bunch of lowbrow knuckleheads "racing the reaper".
Yet again DE is right :)

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Well I'll be....learn something new every day...trying to use my google fu on some cardiac stuff and I learn about an IV spike cric. That is one desperate medic right there...

VentMonkey

Family Guy
IMG_0110.JPG

We just brought our bully in for the night from the cold. I kid you not, I would be lying if this wasn't the truth. I can hear him snoring from our bathroom, and feel the "rattle" from him snoring.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Haha. When my wife and I started dating, the first picture she sent me was her doing CPR on an intubated dog at the emergency clinic she was running.

I know you were kidding about the CPAP. My dog snores, we always say she needs CPUP. But there's no dog vents or CPAP at her place. It's either a BVM or the anesthesia machine. And frankly, I don't think you could get a conscious dog to tolerate a mask. Woof.