the 100% directionless thread

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
20161227_104541.jpg

Keeping me up until 1:30 am with a tender abdomen and then deciding to just sit and bleed in the litter bought Bug a vet appointment. :/

Seirende

Awwwww poor kitty :( hope s/he(?) is ok

The appointment is for two hours from now. He's being a very active kitty, trying to break out of the sick ward. A+Ox3/3 and uncooperative.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
We have a movie theater here that brews it's own beer. And there's waiters who will bring you food and beer while you're watching your movie.

It's pretty much amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be going to Texas or Cali or wherever you are that's not New York lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seirende

Bug is at the vet for a few days. Anaesthesia, a urinary catheter, and urinalysis.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Helped my cousin move in today... she neglected to tell me... 3rd floor, and 1/2 ton mattress :(

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Was there a sixer in it at the end of the day at the very least?
the typical pizza and beer at the end, her roommate who was utterly useless successfully managed to break a wall in under a minute of moving in. I also think my legs fell off. horrible day, had one of them giant uhaul things i had to drive, 5 girls, and me to move 2 mid 20's girl into a small city in NJ outside of NY. I wanted to cry.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
It might be a bit more than you wanted to pay per month, but Aaron's, conns, and rent a center will do financing based on income. And if you make more than minimums you won't pay all of their higher interest charges.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Was just taking a look, and it looks like I'll be ordering an Alienware 15 R3 on friday. Comes with an i5-6300 quad core @ 3.2ghz, 8gbDDR4 Ram, and a GTX 1060.

The coolest thing I've found about it though is this... This will make the laptop last much longer than I thought! http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/alienware-graphics-amplifier

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Was just taking a look, and it looks like I'll be ordering an Alienware 15 R3 on friday. Comes with an i5-6300 quad core @ 3.2ghz, 8gbDDR4 Ram, and a GTX 1060.

The coolest thing I've found about it though is this... This will make the laptop last much longer than I thought! http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/alienware-graphics-amplifier

I used to hunt for a good deal under $500, run the computer for 5+ years until it crashed, and then rinse and repeat.

A couple of months ago I spent $800 on a desktop with a new Intel processor, 16 GB of RAM, SSD HD, and a respectable graphics card. I'd like to believe it was worth it.

I can't imagine ever spending over $1000 on a computer these days.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I used to hunt for a good deal under $500, run the computer for 5+ years until it crashed, and then rinse and repeat.

A couple of months ago I spent $800 on a desktop with a new Intel processor, 16 GB of RAM, SSD HD, and a respectable graphics card. I'd like to believe it was worth it.

I can't imagine ever spending over $1000 on a computer these days.
I want something mobile, my last desktop was an i5 8gb ram and an r9 380 for about 700.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So....I've managed to do a little bit of trouble shooting on my busted Galaxy S6 Active.

The screen is completely inert. And even when plugged in, the whole thing is unresponsive, even a laptop won't recognize a device is plugged in via USB. So the cell phone repair shop I took it too declared the phone bricked and dead and gave it back to me no charge (yay?). Well out of idle curiosity (since before I took it to the repair shop I did have some success in getting some responses from the phone) I placed it on my wireless charging pad, and what do you know, the phone started giving me the "I'm charging" beep complete with the steady red "I'm charging" LED status light that turned solid green "I'm fully charged". And when I press the power button, it plays the appropriate start up noise and then starts buzzing at me as it receives the incoming notifications.....all with a completely inop screen, no back light even. And apparently the USB charge port is also dead as the phone still continues to act as if nothing is plugged in....but take the charging cable, plug it into the wireless pad, and place the phone on the pad and it starts charging happily as far as I can tell.

So I have a dead screen and dead USB port on what the rest seems to be working normally.....since there is some important data (photos, contacts, etc) that I would dearly love recovered, how would I go about fixing it/recovering the data? I took the phone to the Samsung corporate repair office in downtown LA....but since it's the Active model I apparently need to call a service number and literally have it shipped to the Texas facility to repair the Active model (using insurance from AT&T would simply result in a new one being shipped and thus no recovery of the precious data). Wondering if there's anything else I can try at home before shipping it out?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
So....I've managed to do a little bit of trouble shooting on my busted Galaxy S6 Active.

The screen is completely inert. And even when plugged in, the whole thing is unresponsive, even a laptop won't recognize a device is plugged in via USB. So the cell phone repair shop I took it too declared the phone bricked and dead and gave it back to me no charge (yay?). Well out of idle curiosity (since before I took it to the repair shop I did have some success in getting some responses from the phone) I placed it on my wireless charging pad, and what do you know, the phone started giving me the "I'm charging" beep complete with the steady red "I'm charging" LED status light that turned solid green "I'm fully charged". And when I press the power button, it plays the appropriate start up noise and then starts buzzing at me as it receives the incoming notifications.....all with a completely inop screen, no back light even. And apparently the USB charge port is also dead as the phone still continues to act as if nothing is plugged in....but take the charging cable, plug it into the wireless pad, and place the phone on the pad and it starts charging happily as far as I can tell.

So I have a dead screen and dead USB port on what the rest seems to be working normally.....since there is some important data (photos, contacts, etc) that I would dearly love recovered, how would I go about fixing it/recovering the data? I took the phone to the Samsung corporate repair office in downtown LA....but since it's the Active model I apparently need to call a service number and literally have it shipped to the Texas facility to repair the Active model (using insurance from AT&T would simply result in a new one being shipped and thus no recovery of the precious data). Wondering if there's anything else I can try at home before shipping it out?
Sounds like the Apple gods are knocking at your doorstep...