the 100% directionless thread

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
The service I'm where I'm working per diem just offered me a pretty sweet shift. A 16 hour shift on Wednesday and 24 on Saturday, fixed every week.

After another balls out 14 hour shift in the Urgent Care without a break and no sign of anything getting better anytime soon, I decided to take it. I'll figure the rest of it out later. Right now, I'm glad to be back on a shift that is fixed and has a hard endpoint.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
The service I'm where I'm working per diem just offered me a pretty sweet shift. A 16 hour shift on Wednesday and 24 on Saturday, fixed every week.

After another balls out 14 hour shift in the Urgent Care without a break and no sign of anything getting better anytime soon, I decided to take it. I'll figure the rest of it out later. Right now, I'm glad to be back on a shift that is fixed and has a hard endpoint.
So no more urgent care?

NomadicMedic

So no more urgent care?

i said I'd be happy to work PRN. Great job for a medic, Just unreasonable expectations from the practice owner. Now I understand out why it's so hard to get and keep "good people". An eight hour shift can't become a 14 hour shift every time you work it.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Just PRN. Great job for a medic, Just unreasonable expectations from the practice owner. Now I understand out why it's so hard to get and keep "good people". An eight hour shift can't become a 14 hour shift every time you work it.
Woof.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm going out on Wednesday night and want to have my first scotch. What should I order?

Depends on your palate!

I would avoid many Islays (no Ardbeg, Lagavulin, Laphroaig) if you don't want the heavy peat.

I would suggest something from a rum or wine cask, like the Balvenie Caribbean Cask 14 Year.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I'm going out on Wednesday night and want to have my first scotch. What should I order?

The most exspensive Johnnie Walker you are willing to spend. I have a bottle of platinum that I enjoy regularly but the blue label is amazing.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
i said I'd be happy to work PRN. Great job for a medic, Just unreasonable expectations from the practice owner. Now I understand out why it's so hard to get and keep "good people". An eight hour shift can't become a 14 hour shift every time you work it.
Sounds like we have very little room to complain about last minute calls... Could you not just switch locations?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

So I'll add you to my list along with @TransportJockey of who to contact when we test then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
The most exspensive Johnnie Walker you are willing to spend. I have a bottle of platinum that I enjoy regularly but the blue label is amazing.

Blue label is great, but I think for $180 you can get a much better scotch - a solid single malt you could get for $60!

Addendum to my last - I'd recommend a $40-60 bottle, a Glenfiddich 12 is fine!

NomadicMedic

Sounds like we have very little room to complain about last minute calls... Could you not just switch locations?

We have two locations and one is usually dead and doesn't staff with a medic after 3 or 4pm usually. The other location is straight out. Last night we locked the doors at 7pm and still had 8 in rooms and a half a dozen in the lobby. It's not a bad thing to be busy, but it happens every day. None of us ate yesterday. Nobody had a break. That pace is unsustainable.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Most unfortunate, @DEmedic. The search for the search for the "great white buffalo" continues...or unicorn, whichever you prefer, I prefer mine a quote from "Hot Tub Time Machine".

NomadicMedic

There's some other issues there that I won't go into here. The fact is, I really like the job. I work with some really good PAs and NPs who like to teach and let the medics do our thing. The two PAs I worked with yesterday had been at it for years. If you can land a job at an urgent care with good hours, the actual clinical portion of the job is great. In my case, the situation surrounding the job is what's untenable. And there are people who just put up with it because they don't know any better.

So, for now, working the set Kelly shift at the 911 job will be fine.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Okay kids lesson of the day:

If you're allergic to shellfish and the last time you ate shellfish 10 years ago and had a reaction. You probably shouldn't eat shellfish...

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I'd say, "You oyster know better. Anaphylaxis can make you crabby. Now, quit shucking around."

lol I **** you not she said and I quote "I wanted to see if I was still allergic" you just can't make this up.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Went into a restroom of a restaurant yesterday, I could not believe the number of epi pens in the sharps container. Are there that many people allergic food now days or has the public become paranoid?