the 100% directionless thread

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Saw three deer just lounging under a tree in a person's yard. Colorado is weird but really cool!
The *******s never hang out in my yard. I mean good for them, but dang I wish I had that problem.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I was about 15 feet away from the three just laying in the grass/snow as I walked by.

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
See them on the side of the highway, at night here, all the time. They will usually ignore you. If they run parallel to you watch it because the odds are instead of turning away from you they will cross the highway in front of you. Almost a guarantee.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I see 10 or so every night on my way home. They're just standing there, munching on ... whatever they munch on.

My three year old daughter thinks they're Santa's reindeer.

PotatoMedic

It's more the lounging under a tree in someone's yard that shocked me. And Colorado gets cold at night.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I was about 15 feet away from the three just laying in the grass/snow as I walked by.
This is the only thing that should have happened....
Rambo_auction_Knife1.jpg

See them on the side of the highway, at night here, all the time. They will usually ignore you. If they run parallel to you watch it because the odds are instead of turning away from you they will cross the highway in front of you. Almost a guarantee.
Done that before. :p

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
The hairs of their winter coats are hollow and serve to insulate them. If it is seriously cold they will hole up, but sooner or later they have to eat. Pretty amazing critters actually and quite adaptable to their environment. Lots of munchies for them in the cities and very few predators.

PotatoMedic

This is the only thing that should have happened....
Rambo_auction_Knife1.jpg

Done that before. :p
Sadly I had just gotten off a plane and did not have my Rambo knife with me

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
It's more the lounging under a tree in someone's yard that shocked me. And Colorado gets cold at night.

Deer are tough man.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

I was shocked at how many deer I see where I work and even more shocked at the amount I see wandering around in NW Austin when we go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dutemplar

Forum Captain
The *******s never hang out in my yard. I mean good for them, but dang I wish I had that problem.
They do at my mother's, but she has decided my grandmother (living with her) wouldn't easily handle Bambi going buh-bye and into the freezer. Dammit.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
They do at my mother's, but she has decided my grandmother (living with her) wouldn't easily handle Bambi going buh-bye and into the freezer. Dammit.

How about the garage freezer? :)

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Just got off. Started the shift with an in-service, sprinkled in 4 calls (2 scenes, 2 transfers), and topped it off with station duty day. Altogether not bad, but per their norm, the EMS gods made sure to do their due diligence seeing that I earn my family vacation next week.

Time for a good run, a quick lunch, and a nap.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Love the jerky. Have some every day. My wife on the other hands thinks it's the most disgusting stuff ever. :D That just makes the jerky tastier.
I had a paramedic trainee bring me some deer jerky. I didn't care for it, too gamey for my urbanite tastebuds.

On the other hand, an old pilot that used to work at our base brought in some deer patties he had seasoned at a local shop and cooked it for breakfast once; that stuff was amazing. It tasted like a leaner, less fatty version of pork sausage.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I had a paramedic trainee bring me some deer jerky. I didn't care for it, too gamey for my urbanite tastebuds.

On the other hand, an old pilot that used to work at our base brought in some deer patties he had seasoned at a local shop and cooked it for breakfast once; that stuff was amazing. It tasted like a leaner, less fatty version of pork sausage.
Summer sausage, cheese and crackers and your choice of whiskey. Winning combo right there.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Got the mustang all put back together, go to start it... Battery is totally dead, doesn't even light up any of the little lights on the inside. Battery gets to spend a night at walmart being charged.